Non-Conformance Report Forms
Non-conformance reporting made easy. Electronically hand over reports in real time Solve issues effectively and efficiently
What is a Non-Conformance Report?
A non-conformance report (NCR) is a document commonly used in construction industries to document work that has not met required quality standards. These reports are an essential part of the quality control process and aim to mitigate risks by implementing corrective actions and to prevent similar situations from recurring.
What is a Non-Conformance Report Form?
A non-conformance report form is a tool used by project managers to record any non-compliance or plan deviation, how it occurred, and corrective measures to prevent similar events from recurring. It is also used in determining a resolution with a client and documenting any corrective changes applied.
An effective NCR Form fundamentally contains these 4 key elements:
- Detailed observation of the non-conformances;
- Corrective actions to be implemented;
- Rectification process; and
- Closure of the case
iAuditor as a Digital Non-conformance Reporting Tool
Non-conformance reporting involves back and forth handover of paper forms between managers and project team members. Observations are also difficult to document without the ability to take photo evidence.
This process is time-consuming and also leaves risks unresolved and unattended over time. Using a digital inspection app like iAuditor can:
- Help streamline workflows, eliminate paperwork and promote timely reporting.
- Take photo evidence and detailed notes of observations associated with the NCR Form.
- Assign actions within your digital NCR Form to relevant teams and authorized personnel for immediate resolution.
- We feature comprehensive digital non-conformance report forms you can download for free and customize using iAuditor. Solve business-impacting non-conformances with these templates.
Featured NCR Forms
Non-Conformance Report Form
Use this general non-conformance report form template to document any plan deviation or any non-conformances in quality observed in the workplace. This form should be made available to all staff or members. Start by completing details of non-conformance report: type, priority, source, process, detailed description of the case and photos (optional). The staff who raised the issue should affix a digital signature to validate the report. The template should then be endorsed to the manager or any authorized personnel. After receiving the template, the manager should enter corrective or preventive actions to be implemented and assign it to responsible teams or professionals to take necessary actions. After completion of the task, send this back to the manager for verification and closure. Provide an overall rating and provide a digital signature to complete the report.