Smart checklists to help you perform inspections efficiently via a mobile-ready inspection app
What is an Inspection Checklist?
An inspection checklist (also referred to as inspection sheet) is a valuable tool used by inspectors across several industries to assess the compliance of a certain process, procedure, facility, or equipment with standards set by internal, local, or international governing organizations. It helps ensure that the object of inspection goes through detailed and documented evaluations and therefore can be endorsed for its intended use.
The Importance of Conducting Regular Inspections
Regular inspections are vital to keeping a product, equipment, or facility up to par with a company’s safety and quality program. These checks help businesses from different industries ensure that the products or services their customers receive will meet or exceed expectations. Further, regular inspections provide more benefits to organizations in different ways:
Regular inspections help define the line between a safe working environment and one that is beset with hazards.
Equipment and facility abuse is discouraged by regular inspections. Using inspection records, maintenance managers can strengthen maintenance programs as inspections help them identify the best frequency of schedules for the upkeep of assets.
No company is looking forward to appearing on the news when something wrong happens. Through regular inspections, companies are able to immediately rectify issues before they become major.
Periodic inspections help prevent workplace injuries, which can result in costly lost work time and compensation claims.
Benefits of Using Inspection Checklists
To the strengthen inspection programs, inspection checklists (or inspection sheets) are used by professional assessors as a guide for performing appropriate assessments.When used correctly, inspection checklists help with the following:
- Keeping people organized and on task
- Promoting accountability for performing inspections by serving as a written record
- Providing confidence amongst employees knowing that their facilities and equipment comply with standards
- Providing clear documentation to regulatory bodies about the inspections performed
iAuditor, The World’s #1 Inspection App
Paper-based inspection methods can be time-consuming and burdensome. With digital inspection checklists, you can eliminate paperwork and automate workflows for easier data collection and documentation.
iAuditor,the world’s #1 inspection app, helps you streamline your inspection processes by taking out the administrative aspects of your responsibilities and letting you focus on the safety and quality of your business. With an Android or iOs device, you can use iAuditor to:
- Build digital inspection checklist or sheets, or download one for free from our library of over 50,000 templates– Save time from manual entry when doing an audit. Attach notes and media directly using the iAuditor mobile app. Learn more here.
- Streamline Audits – Save time from manual entry when doing an audit. Attach notes and media directly using the iAuditor mobile app. Learn more here.
- Automate communication – Receive immediate notifications when critical risks are identified or when audit scores start to drop.
- Deliver immediate actions – Create corrective actions for issues in need of immediate resolution. Assign actions to members of the organization and set the time, date, and priority level. Learn more here.
- Gain safety & quality insights – Get real-time insights from comprehensive reports that are automatically generated every time you complete an audit. Preview sample report here.
- Share reports immediately – Automatically send your reports to multiple recipients. Reports are shareable in multiple formats and delivery options.
Featured Inspection Checklist Templates
OHSA Self Inspection Checklist
This OSHA Self Inspection Checklist contains general inspection items to help determine compliance to OSHA regulations. By using this safety inspection checklist, you can help minimize risk and identify hazards associated with your work
Workplace Safety Inspection Checklist
A workplace safety inspection checklist is a tool used in performing internal and external audits of an office or any working environment. Use this digital checklist to assess if workplace health and safety (WHS) practices are followed.
Hotel Room Inspection Checklist
A hotel room inspection checklist is used to maintain guest rooms and ensure that they are clean and damage-free. Use this checklist to check if items in each room are in good condition. Perform an inspection using this checklist before check-in and after guests check out to ensure that rooms follow hotel standards and provide guests a high level of service.
Daily Vehicle Inspection Checklist
A daily vehicle inspection checklist template can be used by an authorized inspector to identify defects and mechanical issues for most vehicles. Begin by capturing general information of the vehicle including VIN, license plate and mileage and take a photo of the general condition of the vehicle. The template then prompts the inspector to check the brake system, coupling devices, engine operation, exhaust system and other critical safety components.
Property Management Inspection Checklist
Landlords or property managers can use this property management inspection checklist to record the overall condition of a property and ensure that it is in tip-top condition for tenant use. This can also be used as a quarterly rental inspection checklist to show tenants that the property managers are committed to maintaining the good condition of rental properties.
Building Inspection Checklist
Use this building inspection checklist when conducting multiple building and premises safety compliance audits.
Residential Building Final Inspection Checklist
This residential building final inspection checklist is used by property owners in conducting walkthrough inspection of properties, such as apartments and condominiums. This checklist includes checking of exteriors, roof, interior, fireplace, garage and yard. It also assesses whether house features are good, average or in need of repair.
Commercial Building Inspection Checklist
This commercial building checklist is used to evaluate the condition of a commercial building, its assets, and its systems needed to perform its intended function. This template can be used by property managers or landlords construction professionals in performing FCAs to accurately assess a facility’s condition and help clients create a repair and maintenance plan.