Getting ready for DOT vehicle inspections
Most commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) weighing over 10,000 pounds have to undergo an annual DOT inspection. These inspections are carried out by qualified DOT inspectors who check all CMVs on the road are safe and in good working condition and that the business has proper record keeping processes in place. An inspection can cover the following items:
- Vehicle inspection walk-around or complete vehicle check
- Documentation of coverage in place for the type of carrier and cargo
- Driver licenses, qualifications, drug and alcohol testing
- Evaluation of driver logs and inspection records
- Maintained accident record register
Getting started with these free iAuditor truck inspection checklists can help prepare you for your next DOT annual inspection. You can download and modify these templates to suit your business and commercial fleet.