, Published 26 Feb 2017
What are Construction Safety Inspection Checklists
Construction safety inspection checklists are tools used by site supervisors and foremen to proactively check if the construction site is following safety protocols implemented to help keep workers safe and protected from safety hazards.
Construction Safety Inspection Checklist
by Weigand Construction
Created by real SafetyCulture (iAuditor) users, foremen and site supervisors can use this construction safety inspection template to proactively check if the construction site is following safety measures intended to keep workers safe. Using this template with SafetyCulture (iAuditor) on your mobile device, you can:
- Check for compliance with safety measures
- Take photos of safety hazards
- Assign corrective actions to address hazards
- Easily submit daily reports of safety inspections conducted
SafetyCulture (iAuditor) users can create and edit their own checklists to fit their business needs. Feel free to try these other construction site inspection checklists and customize them according to your preference.
The construction industry has 21.1% of the total work-related fatalities among private enterprises and employers in construction have a responsibility to comply with safety regulations and promote safety in order to keep workers protected from work-related hazards.
This article will briefly discuss the following:
- The most violated OSHA standards in construction
- Powerful tool for construction safety inspections and compliance
- Construction safety inspection checklists you can download for free
The Most Violated OSHA Standards in Construction
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has set standards to help maintain safety in the workplace and of the top 10 most violated OSHA standards, 3 of them belong to the construction industry:
- Fall protection – Falls are one of the most common causes of work-related injuries and deaths that can be prevented by proper fall protection in construction sites.
- Scaffolding – Ever present in construction work, OSHA estimates that 65% of workers in the construction industry work on scaffolds.
- Ladders – About 33% of deaths from falls in construction are caused by falls from ladders.
Implementing safety measures can help manage health and safety risks that come with working in construction projects be it residential or commercial. Proactively conducting construction safety inspections using checklists designed to capture hazards can control risks and promote the safety of construction workers.
Powerful Tool for Construction Safety Inspections
SafetyCulture (formerly iAuditor) makes conducting construction safety inspections efficient and easy. From site inspections to working at heights inspections, we’ve got a site inspection app that you can use on your mobile device when conducting safety inspections to identify hazardous conditions and prevent workplace injuries.
Access All Your Safety Inspection Checklists From Your Mobile
No more carrying around folders of paper checklists, with the iAuditor app you can access all your checklist templates or use any from the public library.
Take Photos and Add Them Instantly to Your Reports
Spend less time completing paperwork and writing reports. Take photos using your phone camera, and have them integrated automatically into the PDF report. Annotate images to highlight areas that need attention.
Share Your Reports Real-time
After each inspection share a PDF or web report with all the information with the people that need it. All the data is automatically synced to the cloud allowing you to access it from multiple devices, and your desktop as well.
Case Study: Level 10 Construction
With 200+ employees working around the clock, Level 10 Construction were committed to finding a solution that would help them maintain a quality structure while keeping health & safety at the forefront during production. See more case studies.
Construction Safety Inspection Checklists
Safety Inspection Checklist (Construction)
by Emely Thomas
Field superintendents can use this template when conducting their daily jobsite safety inspections. Apply this in SafetyCulture (iAuditor) to do the following:
- Check for any immediate hazards found in the jobsite
- Verify if all staff, employees, or subcontractors are authorized to be on the site
- Assess if safe ladders, personal fall arrest system (PFAS), and other personal safety points were observed
- Attach photo or video evidence directly during site inspections
- Add notes, corrective actions, and other comments before completing the inspection
Site Safety Inspection Checklist
by Scott Construction
Use this checklist that covers the following sections:
- Site Control
- Site Facilities
- General Site Tidiness & Access Ways
- Personal Safety Equipment
- First Aid/Fire Prevention
- Cranes/Hoist/Lifting Equipment
- Compressed Air Equipment
- Excavations, and more...
Construction Safety Checklist
by Hy-Vee Construction
Use this construction safety checklist to check if the project safety plan, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), crisis management plan, project safety workbook, toolbox talks, and morning huddle documentation are complete and up to date. Apply this checklist in SafetyCulture (iAuditor) to:
- Check if all safety items are complete and implemented
- Take photo or video evidence directly during inspections
- Create notes and corrective actions for any issues found
- Add further comments and suggestions
- Attach digital signatures of supervising personnel
Project Site Safety & Environmental Inspection
by Gumala Contracting
Inspect the general safety, access, traffic management, mobile plant, tools, PPE, first aid, administrative, and environmental aspects of the project site.
Directors Health and Safety Inspection
Use this to ensure that contractors, visitors, and the workforce are aware of safety precautions on site.
Balfour Beatty Construction Safety Checklist
by Balfour Beatty
Use this for construction safety inspection template to check pre-work, PPE, fall prevention, ladders, housekeeping, and other safety precautions in place.
Safe Work Procedure - Working at Heights
by HR Genie Pty Ltd
Check risks and safety precations in place for working at heights in the workplace.
Roofing Risk Assessment Checklist
by Redhill Property Maintenance Ltd
Make roofing jobs safer using this roofing risk assessment checklist template.
Construction Site Inspection Checklist
Use this construction site inspection checklist template to check the welfare facilities, site documentation, signage, PPE, and permits, etc.
Audit Checklist for the Construction Industry
The construction industry can utilize this ready-to-use audit checklist in performing their monthly inspections. With this template, site managers can conduct a comprehensive audit of construction sites to ensure that it’s safe, and it’s following the local government rules as well as industry best practices. Some of the areas of this review include risk management, workplace health, competency assessments, environmental inspections, and more.