Supplier Audit Checklists
Reduce downtime and increase profitability. Mobile inspection app to evaluate reliability of your supplier.Jump to featured templates
Published March 26th, 2020
What is a Supplier Audit?
A supplier audit is a formalized system of evaluating the reliability and competency of suppliers and vendors to deliver a quality service. It is foundational in establishing a strong customer-supplier relationship. The supplier auditing process aims to assess and promote the smooth operation in key business areas such as manufacturing, engineering, invoicing, QA, and shipping.
Benefits of Conducting Supplier Audits
Performing supplier audits can help businesses determine if their supplier’s current performance meets business operational standards. Here are 4 benefits of auditing your suppliers:
- Manage production downtime – manage the reallocation of resources more effectively and track how suppliers perform against SLAs.
- Increase profitability – manage supplier risks and quality-related costs.
- Ensure quality and compliance – determine if your supplier meets your standards by auditing their performance on a regular basis. Identify repetitive errors and potential risks in the process and develop contingency plans to solve these problems.
- Continuous quality improvement – evaluate and monitor the quality of the service and products that your suppliers provide. Gain a comprehensive overview on how your supplier performs over time.
Go Digital in Auditing Suppliers
Auditing suppliers involves an enormous amount of paperwork and documentation to confirm that quality standards are being met. More time is often spent on data-gathering and paperwork instead of focusing on remediating supply chain and vendor issues.
iAuditor is the world’s most powerful auditing tool that can replace your paper-based supplier audits with a mobile application. Conduct your audits with your mobile or tablet while on-site, use voice dictation to take notes, take photo evidence, and customize your forms to suit your specific supplier audit. Generate reports instantly with your mobile and review audits online anytime anywhere.
Get started by downloading these 4 supplier audit checklists for your business. All iAuditor templates are fully customizable and you can even create your own – no programming skills required!
4 Digital Supplier Audit Checklists
Supplier Audit Checklist
This general supplier audit checklist is used to audit your supplier’s facility. Use this form to record if the supplier meets the criteria, then evaluate its suitability to be your supplier. The template can serve as a guide for the inspector to evaluate the following areas:
- Management Responsibility
- Fundamentals – sanitation, handling and storage, infrastructure, maintenance, etc
- HACCP and manufacturing system
- Regulatory compliance
The completed sample report provides an example of the type of supplier audit that can be generated and shared electronically using the iAuditor mobile app.
Comprehensive Supplier Audit
This comprehensive audit checklist is used to ensure that the supplier’s quality management system (QMS) meets business requirements and standards. This template can be used by suppliers to document and report any non-compliance to quality standards. The template has 99 items and been built to guide the inspector to perform the following:
- Conduct a site walkthrough in the warehouse or production.
- Use this template as a guide to identify any risk detected.
- Assign actions to responsible teams concerning urgent issues that may arise during the audit.
- Complete the inspection with a digital signature and timestamp to validate audit.
ISO 9001:2015 Audit Checklist
This ISO 9001:2015 audit checklist can help managers evaluate if the current QMS, context of your organization, operation, quality control, and product improvement complies with the ISO standard. Browse this collection of useful digital templates for suppliers and vendors to prepare for ISO 9001 certification.