What are Server Maintenance Checklists?
Server maintenance checklists are tools used by IT professionals when conducting routine server maintenance. They list tasks that should be completed on a regular basis (daily, weekly, or monthly, etc.) in order to ensure the continuous and optimum performance of servers. Server maintenance checklists can help proactively catch issues before they cause costly and unscheduled downtimes that interrupt the continuous operation of businesses and organizations.
This article covers: (1) an overview of what’s involved when performing server maintenance; (2) benefits of using a server maintenance checklist; and (3) a collection of server maintenance checklists that can be used to help maintain the expected performance of your servers.
Click here to go straight to the Top 5 server maintenance checklists you can download and customize for your IT requirements.
Performing Server Maintenance
Whether performing a daily, weekly, monthly, or any of the scheduled server maintenance - sustaining the optimum performance of servers involves completing a list of items that target these key areas:
- OS/Software - There’s a need to be up-to-date with OS updates, application updates, patches, and security updates to make sure that bugs are fixed and that your system is safe from threats.
- Hardware - Check the server room’s temperature, airflow, humidity, and make sure there’s no dust and debris that can disrupt airflow.
- Logs - Proactively check logs to look for signs of impending issues that can potentially disrupt operations.
- User access - Deactivate the system access of persons who are no longer associated with the company. Unauthorized access is a huge threat to information security.
Benefits of Using a Server Maintenance Checklist
Using a checklist during server maintenance can help:
- Ensure that all items are covered and issues are recorded and properly addressed.
- Implement a consistent and systematic process between shifts and IT teams working round the clock to ensure the uninterrupted operation of servers.
- Serve as documentation required by certain certification for international standards.
What is iAuditor and how can I use it for Server Maintenance?
iAuditor, the world’s most powerful mobile inspection app, can help perform on time server maintenance checks. iAuditor’s scheduling feature reminds users when maintenance is due and administrators can track if maintenance checks are indeed fulfilled within the scheduled window. Take photo evidence using your handheld device and record notes regarding issues found. Assign tasks to address urgent matters even while a server maintenance check is ongoing. Generate digital reports on the spot for handover to IT teams anytime.
Sustain optimal uptime, save time & effort, and prepare for scheduled downtimes by proactively conducting server maintenance using these customizable digital server maintenance checklists! Browse and download them for free with iAuditor!