What Are Pump Maintenance Checklists?
Pump maintenance checklists are used during pump inspections to ensure that they are in good working condition. Engineers or pump technicians identify operational and safety issues to prevent unforeseen pump breakdowns, malfunctions, or production cessation. Regular pump inspections should be conducted with safety practices in mind and in compliance with Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) management system standards such as ISO 45001.
This article will briefly discuss (1) safety tips before routine pump maintenance checks, (2) handy technology for effective pump maintenance inspections, and (3) digital pump maintenance checklists that inspectors can use anytime, anywhere.
Click here for the Best 5 Pump Maintenance Checklists
What to Prepare Before Pump Maintenance
While it is important to proactively perform scheduled pump inspections and keep pumps in good working condition to maintain uninterrupted operation, it is vital to first ensure that the inspectors are safe. Please prepare the following before performing pump maintenance checks:
#1. Inspection Tools
Make sure to have the right pump maintenance checklists, manuals, and inspection tools for the corresponding pumps that will be checked.
#2. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Wear the right PPE to mitigate workplace risks like slips & falls and prevent loose or unrecommended clothing from getting snagged by machinery.
#3. Go Signal to Proceed
Do not perform pump maintenance checks without receiving the go signal to proceed. Maintenance checks may require machines and valves to be shut off or proper clearance before inspectors can enter premises (tool box talk, lockout tagout, permit to work).
Also always immediately report any missing machine guards or pump shields should you observe these during inspections.
Technology for Effective Pump Maintenance Inspections
Handy technology can help pump maintenance technicians and engineers conduct effective pump inspections by proactively capturing issues and taking immediate action to mitigate problems. iAuditor, the world’s most powerful mobile inspection app, can help accomplish the following:
✔ Proactive maintenance inspections
- Schedule routine inspections to maintain the good working order of pumps
- Be aware if a scheduled pump inspection is missed
- Assign immediate action for urgent issues found during pump maintenance checks
- Take photos of issues using your mobile device during inspections
- Make notes to better describe the nature of the issue
- Conduct mobile inspections even in spots that do not have reception
✔ Automated recordkeeping
- Automatically organized cloud-based recordkeeping of pump inspections
- Inspection reports can be submitted via weblink or PDF document
- Use customized scoring to measure inspection results and watch out for recurring issues
- Geotagged inspections help identify sites of inspection results
✔ Streamline pump maintenance
- Assign pump inspections, gather reports, collect photo evidence, analyze trends, and integrate iAuditor with other platforms and systems used in your organization to streamline routine pump maintenance checks.