What is a Delivery Note Template?
A delivery note template is a tool used to capture all information relevant to the delivery of goods. It acts as a proof of delivery form and helps set the recipient’s expectations. Upon completion of the delivery, a copy of the delivery note with the recipient’s signature is sent back to the merchant or seller.
This article will briefly discuss (1) what a delivery note template should contain; (2) the information to be captured upon completion of a delivery; and (3) technology to help streamline the use of delivery notes
Click here to browse the best 5 delivery note templates
Elements of a Good Delivery Note Template
A properly filled out delivery note template can help with the smooth delivery of goods. Upon delivery, the courier should ensure that it contains:
• Seller information
company name, phone number, and address
• Buyer information
name and phone number
• Reference number
invoice, delivery, or order number
• Item details
description and quantity
• Delivery date and address
• Signature of the buyer/recipient
What Should be Captured on a Delivery Note?
It is a must to get the recipient to sign the delivery note. The recipient’s signature signifies acceptance of the delivery and that the items received are correct and in good condition. There are also delivery notes that allow entry of comments to gather feedback from the customer.
A delivery note template that is complete and accurate can help facilitate a hassle-free transaction between the seller, shipper, and buyer. A more streamlined process of using delivery notes can contribute to a positive customer experience and encourage repeat business.
Why Use iAuditor for Delivery Notes?
iAuditor is a powerful mobile app that can help conveniently capture information vital to the delivery completion. Install iAuditor for free on your mobile device and take advantage of the following features:
- No more paperwork! Delivery notes are secure in the cloud and can be easily shared via mobile or desktop.
- Customer comments can be recorded as well as photos when needed.
- Digitally sign delivery receipts and save copies in the cloud.
- iAuditor records the location of deliveries.
- Decide which fields should be mandatory on your delivery note template.
- Delivery note updates made by field staff can be viewed instantly at the base of operations.