Published 8 Dec 2022
What is a Pool Log?
A pool log is a tool used by certified pool operators or pool managers to record findings and actions performed during regular pool maintenance checks. It helps ensure that vital information such as date and time of checking, pH, alkalinity, temperature, and other information are consistently recorded daily or as required by state or local regulations. Regular checks and proper pool maintenance are proactive safety measures to help prevent swimming-related disease outbreaks.
A pool log is used during daily pool maintenance checks by pool operators or managers. A record of findings and actions done during regular swimming pool checks helps ensure that all required information such as date, temperature, pH, etc. are recorded as required by state or local regulations. This digital pool log template allows:
- Recording of date and time stamps of the pool checks, as well as pH, alkalinity, temperature, bather load, etc.
- Geotagging for easy reference on which pools are checked.
- Automatic prompts of instructions if the current readings are not within the ideal range.
- Sharing reports via PDF or web link.
- SafetyCulture (formerly iAuditor) reports to be secured in cloud storage and easily accessible to pool operators on mobile or desktop.
In this article
- Importance of Regular Pool Maintenance Checks
- Digital Tool for Swimming Pool Checks
- Download Free & Customizable Pool Log Sheets
Importance of Regular Pool Maintenance Checks
Daily pool maintenance checks are routine but they are essential in making sure that swimming pools are fit for daily use. Here are compelling reasons why pool maintenance checks should be done regularly.
Maintaining the quality of swimming pools in commercial establishments such as spas, hotels, and water parks helps ensure that swimmers and customers get the best experience. Visually inspecting the water is not enough to gauge quality that is why pool operators help determine if swimming pools are still within the ideal conditions (e.g., right pH to avoid eye irritation) by conducting tests during checks.
Maintaining ideal levels of chlorine, water, and air temperature, etc, helps promote health and safety for swimmers and keeps health risks to a minimum. Also, chlorine is not the only precaution to maintain the safety of pool water, pool operators need to make sure that the ideal temperature is maintained (to control algae) and that there is no vomit, fecal matter, or blood contamination from pool-related incidents and in case of such incidents, the swimming pool must be closed and disinfected per regulations.
Pool operators are required either by state or local regulations to keep a record of pool logs (usually around 2 years) containing the details of regular maintenance checks and show proof that ideal and safe pool conditions are maintained during operations. The establishment’s permit to operate swimming pools may not be renewed due to non-compliance.
Digital Tool for Swimming Pool Checks
Keeping swimming pools safe and properly maintained is important for the continued operation and business success of establishments with commercial pools. Continuous monitoring of swimming pools and maintaining accurate records is crucial for legal compliance and to help pass periodic inspections. SafetyCulture, the world’s most powerful mobile inspection app, can help pool operators and managers consistently perform pool maintenance checks quickly and conveniently.
Convenient mobile inspection app
- Capture daily pool maintenance information and take photos for incident reporting.
- Handy pool inspection app available on Android, iPhone, or iPad.
- Using a Bluetooth-enabled thermometer, you can digitally capture exact temperature readings. (New! Sensors for automated temperature monitoring)
Never miss another routine pool check
- SafetyCulture’s scheduling feature ensures that pool operators are reminded when checks are due.
- Know if scheduled checks are missed and notify appropriate personnel immediately.
- Save time! No more missing pool log sheets that you need to manually re-enter on your computer.
- Share SafetyCulture reports that are automatically organized and saved in the cloud—important for providing proof of pool monitoring.
- Access pool logs anytime anywhere on your mobile device or computer. Preview a sample web and printable PDF report.
- Use for free with small teams. Analytics, unlimited reports, and unlimited storage for premium accounts (Competitive pricing here).
Here is a collection of our carefully prepared swimming pool log sheet templates you can browse and use to help reinforce quality and pool safety.
Download Free & Customizable Pool Log Sheets
A weekly pool log sheet is used during the weekly testing and maintenance of swimming pools. Note the alkalinity and cyanuric acid, as well as any other actions taken during the weekly maintenance of the swimming pool. All SafetyCulture templates can be edited on mobile or desktop to fit your business needs.
Use this pool safety inspection checklist to proactively check for hazards around swimming pools used by children and adults. Answerable by Yes-No-N/A, pool operators can take photos using mobile devices and attach them to the relevant question item as added evidence of hazards found or safety measures in place. SafetyCulture allows assigning of actionable tasks to immediately address issues found.
A swimming pool incident report template is used to record incidents such as injuries, vomit, fecal, blood contamination, near-drowning, drowning, or others. Use this template to record specific details of pool-related incidents and help the establishment improve pool safety and security measures. SafetyCulture automatically records and organizes incident reports for easy review.