Published 31 Jan 2023
A patrol inspection is a timely evaluation of a surveillance area performed across multiple industries such as security, manufacturing, and real estate. It aims to identify malicious acts in the premises and detect any abnormalities that can be remediated immediately. The purpose of patrol inspection is to ensure everything is secure and under control in a designated location, especially within large properties. Regular patrol inspections help hasten the response time to triggered alarms or reported incidents, minimize the risk of costly damages, and protect businesses round-the-clock.
A patrol inspection checklist is a tool used in manufacturing industries to help safety and quality officers to assess facilities, processes, and employees. It is used to identify noncompliance and employee improvement needs. A patrol inspection checklist has been built to perform the following:
- Check the availability of resources;
- Inspect the facilities and equipment, and look for noncompliance items;
- Capture photo evidence and attach detailed notes;
- Document the overall observation and recommendations; and
- Sign-off with a digital signature to validate the inspection.
In this article
- What is a Patrol Inspection Checklist?
- Effectiveness of Patrol Inspection in Different Industries
- How to Perform a Patrol Inspection
- Mobile-ready Patrol Inspection Checklist Form App
- Top 4 Patrol Inspection Checklists
What is a Patrol Inspection Checklist?
A patrol inspection checklist is used as a guide in the assessment of a specific surveillance area. It is used to prevent expensive repairs, unnecessary incidents, and unattended risks.
Effectiveness of Patrol Inspection in Different Industries
A patrol inspection measures the degree of conformance to standard protocols, processes, and procedures in any industry. It is used to detect damages or defects before they cause serious problems. The following shows how effective patrol inspections are in different industries.
The primary objective of patrol inspections is to locate the cause of production delays, such as human errors, machine defects, improper material handling, and substandard output. It is performed to measure the precision of equipment and employee compliance to produce high-quality deliverables on time.
Patrol inspections are performed by security teams to protect people under their jurisdiction. The goal is to respond with immediate action in case of emergencies within the area. Patrol inspections also help identify crime zones and provide a physical presence at that location.
Performing patrol inspections with surveillance aerial drones help business owners have wider visibility of a specific area. It is used in detecting illegal activities, monitoring malicious movements, and ensuring farmers’ safety to maintain a cost-effective operation.
Transport and Logistics
Keeping a business operational requires securing the product and supplies to be delivered to clients. Conducting patrol inspections helps ensure deliverables are safe, complete, and in good condition. It helps build new relationships with clients and maintain existing ones.
How to Perform a Patrol Inspection
Patrol inspection in the manufacturing industry is a crucial task that is performed by safety and quality officers. Following these simple steps will help in the efficient performance of patrol inspections.
- State the objective of the inspection and standardize the process.
- Conduct a walkthrough in the production area to visually inspect equipment and machinery.
- Observe employee performance and productivity.
- Ensure the production area is secure and free from obstructions.
- Communicate improvement measures.
- Use a digital patrol inspection checklist to record the inspection.
Mobile-ready Patrol Inspection Checklist Form App
SafetyCulture (formerly iAuditor), the world’s most powerful mobile inspection app, can help identify visual defects, increase the overall quality of products, and ensure the security and safety of employees. With SafetyCulture, you can avoid the hassle of using pen and paper in conducting patrol inspections and avoid wasting time on filing and organizing reports. With SafetyCulture, you can:
- create mobile-ready patrol inspection checklists;
- take photos, add annotations, and attach notes to further explain your inspection;
- assign corrective actions on-site for immediate remediation;
- generate and share patrol inspection reports to any member of the organization in real-time;
- store unlimited reports for Premium accounts and secure data in the cloud; and
- set the schedule of your next patrol inspection and be notified via email.