Computer Maintenance Checklists
Prevent unscheduled disruption to operations by using a powerful mobile app to proactively catch computer issues.
What is Computer Maintenance?
Computer maintenance is the process of keeping computers in an optimal working condition. Computer maintenance helps IT teams discover and address issues that can lead to latency or even information security threats that can compromise continued and secure operations.
What is a Computer Maintenance Checklist?
A computer maintenance checklist is a tool that IT professionals and managers can use to regularly and proactively check if computer hardware is in need of cleaning, repair, or replacement, and software is updated. Computer maintenance checklists can also serve as a guide to ensure that maintenance tasks are done accordingly to SOP.
Importance of Regular Computer Maintenance
Scheduled computer maintenance, also called preventive computer maintenance, is a routine task but it is one of the most vital among the multiple responsibilities of IT professionals. It is important to conduct regular computer maintenance for the following reasons:
Lessen the occurrence of unscheduled downtime
The proactive checking of computers help IT professionals find hardware and software issues that can result in costly breakdowns and unforeseen downtimes that could have been prevented if found earlier and immediately addressed.
Meet industry standards and comply with regulations
Some industry standards (ISO 27001) and regulating bodies (HIPAA) require internal audits that help ensure the security of digital information. Vigilance in checking for threats to information security through preventive computer maintenance can help organizations catch non-compliance and meet these requirements.
Prevent penalties and damage to company reputation
Regularly updating information security measures and proactively catching non-compliance and preventable issues can save organizations in penalties and costs due to information breach.
Digital Tool for Computer Maintenance
iAuditor is a mobile inspection and checklist tool that can help IT professionals perform scheduled computer maintenance and proactively catch issues before they turn into costly problems. With iAuditor on mobile devices, you can:
- Take photos of hardware issues for quick documentation.
- Immediately assign corrective actions in real-time.
- Have round-the-clock visibility of handovers and paperless reports from any site. Preview a sample web and PDF report.
- Schedule preventive computer maintenance and be notified of missed/incomplete maintenance checks.
- Analyze inspection results within the whole organization and look out for trends based on collected information.
- Utilize API integration for seamless computer maintenance reporting, documentation, and other usage.
- Use for free with small teams. Unlimited reports and storage for premium accounts
Featured Computer Maintenance Checklists
Computer Maintenance Checklist
Computer maintenance is conducted by IT professionals and managers to help ensure the continuous and optimal working condition of computers. Use this digitized computer maintenance checklists to inspect if the computer’s hardware needs cleaning, repair, or replacement, and check if the software and security features are updated and running. With the iAuditor app and software, IT professionals can:
- Highlight issues found and take photos using mobile devices for added documentation.
- Immediately assign corrective action and receive status updates.
- Analyze and discover common issues found.
- Use data collected from inspections to educate employees on proper use of company equipment.
Computer Preventive Maintenance Checklist Template
This computer preventive maintenance checklist contains practical instructions on conducting weekly maintenance of IT assets. iAuditor templates can be edited to fit the needs of your business and shared to fellow IT team members.
IT Risk Assessment Template
Use this IT risk assessment template to determine possible risks to information technology assets. Determine threats from hardware, software, human error, or intentional outside/insider. Provide the risk rating and recommend controls.
Computer Repair Checklist
Use this computer repair checklist template as a standard operating procedures guide in computer setup or repair services. Download and use this checklist using iAuditor to generate comprehensive documentation of computer setup and repairs.