Published November 18th, 2020
What is a Cleaning Schedule Template?
A cleaning schedule template, or also known as a cleaning rota template or cleaning roster template, is a tool used to help ensure that cleaning jobs are done properly and completed on time. Used in different establishments such as commercial spaces, offices, hotels, restaurants, schools, and even in private homes, cleaning schedule templates help the housekeeping or maintenance staff to keep track of all chores and be organized with their tasks.
This article will briefly discuss the following:
- what is a cleaning checklist template?;
- what are the types of cleaning checklists?;
- how to enforce an effective cleaning schedule;
- a cleaning schedule tool to help streamline tasks; and
- free cleaning schedule templates you can download, customize, and use.
A cleaning checklist template is used by sanitation department personnel to ensure that cleaning standard operating procedures (SOPs) are being followed when performing cleaning and disinfecting tasks, especially amid a pandemic such as COVID-19. Taking advantage of mobile-ready cleaning checklist templates can help easily maintain cleaning standards in large institutions like monitoring the regular cleaning of school premises, and across different branches of operations for companies with various office locations, among others.
Keeping commercial cleaning and schedule management organized can seem such a daunting task both for supervisors and workers. However, when the housekeeping, cleaning, and maintenance teams talk about their goals, the exact areas they need to cover, and how they should approach cleaning tasks, it can be easier to get more accomplished correctly. Here are the basic types of cleaning checklists arranged by category so you and your team can specify goals and work together better:
Cleaning Checklists by Frequency
- Daily Cleaning Checklist – commonly used in areas where cleaning and sanitation is topmost priority such as restaurants and kitchens
- Weekly Cleaning Checklist – primarily used to ensure the cleanliness and orderliness in medium-large establishments such as apartment buildings
- Monthly Cleaning Checklist – normally used in retail store operations to periodically ensure overall store cleanliness such as fast food chains
Cleaning Checklists by Scope
- Cleaning Sign off Sheet – used to confirm that cleaning tasks have been completed and usually entails a signature from the employee claiming to have done the job
- Cleaning Rota Template or Cleaning Roster Template – used as a reference for personnel to verify who is responsible for cleaning a specific area for that shift or day
- Cleaning Register Template – used by cleaning staff to sign in for a specific shift and be in charge of cleaning for a certain area
- Cleaning Inspection Checklist – used by officers-in-charge to generally inspect the cleanliness and orderliness of a place such as an office
- Cleaning Audit Checklist – used by cleaning department heads to make sure that all areas under their responsibility are up-to-standard and to evaluate the personal hygiene of employees as well
Cleaning Checklists by Area
- Kitchen Cleaning Checklist – includes cleaning the crucial areas of kitchens such as floors, sinks, equipment, tables, ovens, walk-in refrigerators, dumpster pads, and exhaust hood systems
- Bathroom Cleaning Checklist – covers removed and replaced restroom items, sprayed and scrubbed fixtures, wiped off, vacuumed, and mopped surfaces, and more
- Housekeeping Checklist Template – usually lists the housekeeping SOP of the hotel management, encompassing standards for the rooms for check-in, when occupied, and for check-out
Cleaning Checklists by Industry
- Commercial Cleaning Checklist – generally used in commercial establishments such as shopping malls and leisure centers, among others.
- Facility Cleaning Checklist – used for buildings or manufacturing facilities, usually covers specific CDC guidelines for disinfecting high-risk contact areas and touchpoints
- Office Cleaning Checklist – used to ensure cleanliness in public or private offices, including the pantry and restrooms
- Restaurant Cleaning Checklist – most frequently used in the food and beverage industry to meet hygiene standards, especially food preparation in restaurants
- Hotel Cleaning Checklist – also most commonly used in the hospitality industry to meet cleaning standards and hopefully achieve more stars for their hotel brand
- School Cleaning Checklist – recently one of the most searched for type of cleaning checklists as the education industry looks for a checklist to help them monitor the regular cleaning of school premises
- Warehouse Cleaning Checklist – also another one of the most sought after cleaning checklists as the manufacturing, transport and logistics, and retail industries mainly keep most economies alive during a global outbreak
Whether it’s in a shop or in a private residence, cleaning services entail numerous tasks to be done following a specific routine. Make sure that all cleaning jobs and specific tasks are completed by implementing a cleaning schedule. Here are 3 ways that can help you effectively enforce a cleaning schedule:
Organize and distribute tasks
List down all tasks and arrange it by frequency. Breaking down tasks can help cleaning staff determine which cleaning procedures to prioritize. Distribute your tasks into a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
Create a cleaning calendar
A cleaning calendar contains information on cleaning job appointments and the employees assigned. This can help managers keep track of employees’ availability before booking cleaning work.
Conduct a quality inspection after performing a cleaning service to ensure that tasks are accomplished and that conditions/requests made by the customer have been met. Quality checks can help protect your business from liability for problems found after service has been completed.
iAuditor by SafetyCulture can be used to streamline scheduled cleaning tasks and cleaning inspections. Use iAuditor to effectively implement cleanliness SOPs in establishments and accomplish the following:
- Capture photo evidence – Take pictures, annotate, and attach them to your checklist for a more comprehensive report. Preview a sample cleaning pdf report here.
- Assign corrective measures – Encountered an issue? Create a corrective action within the app and instantly assign it to a respective person, set the due date, and determine the priority level.
- Schedule regular inspections – Never miss out on inspections and know when assigned tasks are completed using iAuditor’s scheduling feature. Use iAuditor to set up recurring and regular inspections on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. iAuditor also gives you the option to print your cleaning schedule templates.
- Generate on-site reports – Complete inspections by following a cleaning checklist template and generate cleaning reports.
Featured Cleaning Schedule Templates
Cleaning Schedule Template
A cleaning schedule template is a tool used as a guide in performing cleaning procedures. You can customize this cleaning template according to the chores to be done on the establishment. Use this template to schedule cleaning tasks on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis and ensure that all tasks are done thoroughly. You have the option to print out this cleaning schedule template and you can also use it with iAuditor on your mobile to do the following:
- Choose cleaning schedule and perform walkthrough inspection on the establishment
- Take photo evidence of compliant and non-compliant items
- Assign and schedule cleaning tasks
- Add comments or feedback on chores
- Sign-off with a digital signature from supervisor
Cleaning Checklist Template
Use this cleaning checklist template when conducting cleaning inspections. Evaluate if employees are wearing proper uniforms and practicing good personal hygiene. Use this cleaning checklist template to assess if the different areas in the establishment are clean, organized, sanitized, and presentable.
Facility Cleaning Checklist
Use this facility cleaning checklist to ensure that the shop is not only clean but also following CDC guidelines for disinfecting high-risk contact areas and touchpoints. This facility cleaning checklist also includes checking the hygienic practices of cleaning staff to prevent the spread of infection in commercial establishments.
Office Cleaning Checklist
This office cleaning checklist is used in conducting cleaning inspections in an office setting. Use this office cleaning checklist to inspect the cleanliness and hygienic state of office areas, restrooms, and office pantries. Ensure that all areas are clear of trash, dust, and spills to maintain a hygienic environment in the workplace.
Restaurant Cleaning Checklist
Browse this collection of free Restaurant and Kitchen Cleaning Checklists created using iAuditor. These checklists aim not only to maintain a clean kitchen but also ensure that proper cleaning procedures are followed in all corners of the restaurant. These templates cover regular checks, cleaning, and spot checks. Capture photos of unsanitary practices that may affect the workers, food processes, and customers. Download these checklists and modify them according to your business needs.
Housekeeping Checklist Template
Browse this collection of Housekeeping SOP Checklists to help ensure staff follow best practices in cleaning. These checklists can help cleaning staff perform effective routine cleaning and maintenance tasks. Use these templates to deliver high quality service and attain high guest satisfaction.
Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
Browse this collection of kitchen cleaning checklists to thoroughly inspect different kitchen areas regularly. These checklists will help to evaluate if kitchen procedures on cleanliness and orderliness are implemented, followed, and maintained. Use these kitchen cleaning checklists to follow good kitchen housekeeping practices.
Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
This bathroom cleaning checklist allows sign offs to indicate that a cleaning job is completed following proper bathroom cleaning procedures. This cleaning form covers things to remove, items to spray and scrub, fixtures to wipe, and items to shine. Use iAuditor to conduct digital inspections and generate on-site reports.
Hotel Cleaning Checklist
Use this Hotel Cleaning Checklist to help evaluate the hotel guest rooms and check if all facilities are clean, organized, and in good working condition. This cleaning form includes inspection of entrance door, drapes, beds, furnishings, lighting, and bathroom to check if they’re free of dust and dirt. Use iAuditor to capture photo evidence of damaged items and assign corrective action to appropriate team members.
School Cleaning Checklist
This School Cleaning Checklist serves as a guide to inspect if different school areas like offices, hallways, classrooms, and bathrooms are properly cleaned and maintained. This checklist can be used to evaluate if desks, chairs, and all visible surfaces are dusted and clean. Use iAuditor to capture photo evidence of dirty fixtures and facilities and assign corrective actions to the right person.
Warehouse Cleaning Checklist
This Warehouse Cleaning Checklist can help eliminate waste from warehouse production and keep your warehouse clean and organized. Use this checklist to inspect if floors, loading docks, and storage areas are free from obstructions or blockages. Use iAuditor to generate on-site reports and assign corrective actions for other team members to address.
Pest Control Checklist
This Pest Control Checklist can help prevent and control pest infestation. Conduct inspections using this checklist to evaluate if your facilities are properly managed and if there are signs or evidence that pests are nesting. Use iAuditor to capture photo evidence and and assign immediate corrective actions to the right person or team.
Post COVID-19 Cleaning Site Visit Checklist
A checklist for a site visit for cleaners in light of the Coronavirus pandemic.