What is a Cleaning Schedule Template?
A cleaning schedule template, or also known as a cleaning rota template or cleaning roster template, is a tool used to help ensure that cleaning jobs are done properly and completed on time. Used in different establishments such as commercial spaces, offices, hotels, restaurants, schools, and even in private homes, cleaning schedule templates help the housekeeping or maintenance staff to keep track of all chores and be organized with their tasks.
What is a Cleaning Checklist Template?
A cleaning checklist template is used by sanitation department personnel to ensure that cleaning standard operating procedures (SOPs) are being followed when performing cleaning and disinfecting tasks, especially amid a pandemic such as COVID-19. Taking advantage of mobile-ready cleaning checklist templates can help easily maintain cleaning standards in large institutions like monitoring the regular cleaning of school premises, and across different branches of operations for companies with various office locations, among others.
Types of Cleaning Checklists
Keeping commercial cleaning and schedule management organized can seem such a daunting task both for supervisors and workers. However, when the housekeeping, cleaning, and maintenance teams talk about their goals, the exact areas they need to cover, and how they should approach cleaning tasks, it can be easier to get more accomplished correctly. Here are the basic types of cleaning checklists arranged by category so you and your team can specify goals and work together better:
- Daily Checklist – commonly used in areas where cleaning and sanitation is topmost priority such as restaurants and kitchens
- Weekly Checklist – primarily used to ensure the cleanliness and orderliness in medium-large establishments such as apartment buildings
- Monthly Checklist – normally used in retail store operations to periodically ensure overall store cleanliness such as fast food chains
- Cleaning Sign off Sheet – used to confirm that cleaning tasks have been completed and usually entails a signature from the employee claiming to have done the job
- Cleaning Rota Template or Cleaning Roster Template – used as a reference for personnel to verify who is responsible for cleaning a specific area for that shift or day
- Cleaning Register Template – used by cleaning staff to sign in for a specific shift and be in charge of cleaning for a certain area
- Cleaning Inspection Checklist – used by officers-in-charge to generally inspect the cleanliness and orderliness of a place such as an office
- Cleaning Audit Checklist – used by cleaning department heads to make sure that all areas under their responsibility are up-to-standard and to evaluate the personal hygiene of employees as well
- Kitchen Cleaning Checklist – includes cleaning the crucial areas of kitchens such as floors, sinks, equipment, tables, ovens, walk-in refrigerators, dumpster pads, and exhaust hood systems
- Bathroom Cleaning Checklist – covers removed and replaced restroom items, sprayed and scrubbed fixtures, wiped off, vacuumed, and mopped surfaces, and more
- Housekeeping Checklist Template – usually lists the housekeeping SOP of the hotel management, encompassing standards for the rooms for check-in, when occupied, and for check-out
- Commercial Cleaning Checklist – generally used in commercial establishments such as shopping malls and leisure centers, among others.
- Facility Cleaning Checklist – used for buildings or manufacturing facilities, usually covers specific CDC guidelines for disinfecting high-risk contact areas and touchpoints
- Office Cleaning Checklist – used to ensure cleanliness in public or private offices, including the pantry and restrooms
- Restaurant Cleaning Checklist – most frequently used in the food and beverage industry to meet hygiene standards, especially food preparation in restaurants
- Hotel Cleaning Checklist – also most commonly used in the hospitality industry to meet cleaning standards and hopefully achieve more stars for their hotel brand
- School Cleaning Checklist – recently one of the most searched for type of cleaning checklists as the education industry looks for a checklist to help them monitor the regular cleaning of school premises
- Warehouse Cleaning Checklist – also another one of the most sought after cleaning checklists as the manufacturing, transport and logistics, and retail industries mainly keep most economies alive during a global outbreak
Cleaning Common Checklist Tasks
A general cleaning schedule checklist will include tasks:
- Clear and wipe countertops
- Clean outside of appliances
- Wash window
- Clean mirrors
- Sweep the floor
- Take out trash
How to Enforce an Effective Cleaning Schedule
Whether it’s in a shop or in a private residence, cleaning services entail numerous tasks to be done following a specific routine. Make sure that all cleaning jobs and specific tasks are completed by implementing a cleaning schedule. Here are 3 ways that can help you effectively enforce a cleaning schedule:
Organize and distribute tasks
List down all tasks and arrange them by frequency. Breaking down tasks can help cleaning staff determine which cleaning procedures to prioritize and specify which personnel will perform each task. Then, distribute them on a daily, weekly, monthly basis, or any other ideal frequency needed.
Create a cleaning calendar
Prepare a cleaning calendar containing information on cleaning job appointments and the employees assigned to each. This can help managers keep track of employees’ availability before booking cleaning work and avoid any conflict of schedules or miscommunication between both parties.
Conduct a quality inspection after performing a cleaning service to ensure that tasks are accomplished and that conditions or requests made by the customer have been met. Quality checks can help protect your business from liability for problems found after service has been completed.