Accident Investigation Report Templates
Identify the cause of accidents to prevent reoccurrence
Powerful mobile app for onsite investigations
What is an Accident Investigation Report Template?
An accident investigation report template is a tool used by safety officers and investigators to collect information during an accident investigation. In a workplace setting, supervisors perform accident investigations to determine the cost of damage, support insurance claim investigations, and improve workplace safety by helping prevent accident reoccurrence.
This article covers 1) tips on how to write a good accident investigation report; 2) technology that can help streamline your workflows; and 3) accident investigation report templates you can download and use.
Go straight to the featured accident investigation report templates.
Tips on How to Write a Good Accident Investigation Report?
A good accident investigation report should focus on factual details of the accident. The objective of the report is to inform the readers with accurate information about the accident. Below are tips you can follow in writing a good accident investigation report:
- Avoid writing opinions – clearly detail the incident with facts and evidence.
Here is a good example:
✖ The driver of the red car appeared drunk.
✔ The officer conducted a breath analysis and confirmed that the driver of the red Toyota Camry was above the alcohol limit.
- Attach photo evidence – to serve as visual proof of the accident
- Provide important information – answer the following W-questions:
• When did the accident occur?
• Who were the involved parties?
• Where was the location of the accident?
• What are the details of the accident?
• Why did the accident happen?
• What are the consequences of the accident?
- Validate the report – supervisors and witnesses must sign off the accident report.
Click here to preview an accident investigation report example.
iAuditor the perfect Digital Solution
Paper-based accident investigation reports are time-consuming to complete and difficult to combine photo evidence. The risk of losing paperwork can affect the safety of your employees and their compensation claims.
iAuditor, the world’s most powerful mobile app, can replace paper-based accident investigation forms. Use iAuditor on your mobile device to capture unlimited photo evidence, record accident details, and immediately generate time-sensitive accident investigation reports even while at the scene of the incident.
To get you started with your accident investigation, we have built these accident investigation report templates you can browse and download for free.
Accident Investigation Report Templates
Accident Investigation Report Template
Accident investigation report template is used to determine the root cause of the accident to prevent future accidents. Safety officers and workplace supervisors can use this accident investigation form during accident investigations. With iAuditor, you are empowered to:
- Gather information regarding people involved in the accident
- Record accident details and describe consequences
- Take optional photos for more context
- Record witness statements if applicable
- Recommend actions to avoid accident reoccurrence
Incident Investigation Form Checklist
Use this incident investigation form checklist to help conduct a root cause analysis following an incident or near miss at your workplace. This digital incident investigation form can be used by supervisors to gather facts of the incident.
Vehicle Accident Report
A vehicle accident report is used to document a vehicular accident, record the extent of damages, and identify the parties involved. Safety officers, as well as drivers and fleet managers, can use this vehicle accident report to perform the following:
- Provide general details of the driver (full name, driver license number, VIN etc)
- Describe and take photos of vehicular damage
- Include witness statements if applicable
- Include digital signatures