Digital Halal Internal Audit Checklist
Take photos of non-compliance and immediately assign corrective actions. Prepare for Halal food certification using a powerful auditing app
What is “Halal” food?
Halal literally means “allowed” in Arabic and “Halal food” means food that is allowed or lawful as prescribed by the Koran. The opposite of halal is “haram” or forbidden by the Koran. Halal certified food ensures that the food produced is prepared in a way that is free from cross contamination or does not have haram ingredients.
What is a Halal internal audit checklist?
A Halal internal audit checklist is used by quality and safety managers in the food production industry to ensure that the food production process and the food product adheres to the requirements of Halal certifiers.
Getting Halal certification allows food producers the opportunity to partner with institutions and provide food products to markets and regions that require Halal certification.
This article will briefly discuss (1) steps to prepare for Halal audit certification; (2) technology to help food producers prepare for and maintain Halal certification; and (3) free Halal internal audit checklists can use for free.
5 Steps to Prepare for Halal Food Certification
- Understand the requirements of the local Halal certifiers. Different countries have different certifiers that will provide the certification valid for that country only.
- Review your organization’s ingredient sourcing and food production processes to determine which steps in production may need to be improved or changed in order to be compliant with the requirements of the certifier.
- Implement changes to your production processes, if needed, and conduct internal audits to ensure that the changes implemented are followed and that the production steps are documented.
- Analyze the results of the internal audits to discover areas for improvement and use the information to create training programs for employee competency.
- Contact the Halal certifier and schedule the Halal food certification audit.\
Technology to Prepare for Halal Food Certification
Preparing for Halal food certification can be costly and time consuming considering the need to potentially adjust processes (if not previously certified) and continuously record the monitoring of Halal compliant food production processes. iAuditor, the world’s most powerful quality and safety inspection app, can help quality and safety managers continuously document the monitoring of Halal compliant processes and prepare for Halal certification. With iAuditor mobile app and software, you can:
- Create Halal audit and food inspection checklists.
- Take photos of non-compliant items found and immediately assign corrective action.
- Proactively reinforce compliance by scheduling internal audits using mobile-ready food production checklists and Halal internal audit checklist
- Save time and reduce costs by generating paperless audit reports. Preview a sample web and PDF report.
- Analyze internal audit results to determine readiness for Halal certification.
- Use for free with small teams. Unlimited reports and storage for premium accounts
The Best Digital Halal Internal Audit Checklist
Halal Internal Audit Checklist (Malaysia)
A Halal internal audit checklist is used to check if the ingredients and steps in food production are compliant with the Halal certification requirements of the Halal certifier. Use this digitized checklist on the iAuditor mobile app to:
- Proactively discover gaps in the effort to become Halal compliant and document corrective actions made.
- Take photos and describe issues found. Assign corrective actions using mobile devices.
- Automatically organize and retrieve reports anytime.
- Customize iAuditor templates to fit the needs of your Halal certification. No programing skills needed!