This article will briefly discuss:
- what is a Halal internal audit checklist?;
- steps to prepare for Halal audit certification;
- technology to help food producers prepare for and maintain Halal certification; and
- free Halal internal audit checklists can use for free.
A Halal internal audit checklist is used by quality and safety managers in the food production industry to ensure that the food production process and the food product adheres to the requirements of Halal certifiers.
Getting Halal certification allows food producers the opportunity to partner with institutions and provide food products to markets and regions that require Halal certification.
- Understand the requirements of the local Halal certifiers. Different countries have different certifiers that will provide the certification valid for that country only.
- Review your organization’s ingredient sourcing and food production processes to determine which steps in production may need to be improved or changed in order to be compliant with the requirements of the certifier.
- Implement changes to your production processes, if needed, and conduct internal audits to ensure that the changes implemented are followed and that the production steps are documented.
- Analyze the results of the internal audits to discover areas for improvement and use the information to create training programs for employee competency.
- Contact the Halal certifier and schedule the Halal food certification audit.
Preparing for Halal food certification can be costly and time consuming considering the need to potentially adjust processes (if not previously certified) and continuously record the monitoring of Halal compliant food production processes. iAuditor, the world’s most powerful quality and safety inspection app, can help quality and safety managers continuously document the monitoring of Halal compliant processes and prepare for Halal certification. With iAuditor mobile app and software, you can:
- Create Halal audit and food inspection checklists.
- Take photos of non-compliant items found and immediately assign corrective action.
- Proactively reinforce compliance by scheduling internal audits using mobile-ready food production checklists and internal audit software
- Save time and reduce costs by generating paperless audit reports. Preview a sample web and PDF report.
- Analyze internal audit results to determine readiness for Halal certification.
- Use for free with small teams. Unlimited reports and storage for premium accounts