FSSC 22000 Audit Checklists
FSSC 22000 Audit Checklists
Measurable readiness audits for FSSC 22000 certification.
FSSC 22000 is one of the major food safety standards recognized by the GFSI, a global organization that sets food safety standards and is backed by the world's largest food retailers and suppliers. It demonstrates that a company has an effective food safety management system in place to meet the requirements of regulators, partners and end consumers. FSSC 22000 is based on the ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Standard and expands upon it with additional requirements. The standard is designed for food manufacturers who supply their products or ingredients to major food retailers and suppliers.
This article will briefly discuss the benefits of FSSC 22000 certification, FSSC 22000 requirements, and tools that can help food manufacturers get certified.
Click here to go straight to the featured FSSC 22000 templates you can browse and download for free.
Benefits of FSSC 22000 certification
FSSC 22000 is designed for food retailer suppliers and manufacturers throughout the supply chain. This can include those that process or manufacture animal products, perishable products, long shelf-life products, food ingredients and even food packaging materials.
Here are some key benefits of adopting the FSSC 22000 scheme:
- Many large food retailers require suppliers to have a GFSI certified scheme
- It widely adopted throughout the supply chain and is aligned to the GFSI‘s message of “once certified, recognized everywhere”
- Framework approach which helps a business implement their own food safety management system
- Details how to implement an effective HACCP system
- Easier to adopt for businesses already ISO 22000 certified
FSSC 22000 requirements
FSSC 22000 certification requires the following core requirements to be met:
- ISO 22000: food safety management system requirements. FSSC 22000 is based on ISO 22000 but is not sufficient to be recognized by the GFSI on its own.
- Pre-requisite Programmes (PRP): based on ISO/TS 22002-1 which include requirements for construction and layout of building, maintenance services, product information, personnel hygiene, food fraud and defence systems etc.
- Additional requirements: inventory of and compliance with applicable regulations, documentation and review of management services (e.g. utilities, transport, maintenance) and supervision of food safety personnel.
Tools to prepare for FSSC 22000 Certification
Achieving FSSC 22000 certification and ongoing compliance requires significant documentation, recordkeeping and organization-wide communication efforts. Choosing the right technology is critical to ensuring a smooth implementation process. Spend more time identifying and resolving food safety risks and less time on paperwork and administration.
iAuditor, the world’s #1 inspection platform, can help you streamline your food safety reporting requirements. Conduct paperless food safety inspections onsite using the iAuditor Mobile App. Streamline data collection and analyze trends and points of failure online.
To save you time, we have prepared these digital checklists you can download for free and use to prepare for FSSC 22000 certification.
4 Featured Digital FSSC 22000 Food Safety Audit Checklists
FSSC 22000 Audit Checklist - Internal Assessment
Use this digitized template as a guide together with the ISO 22000 Audit Checklist to assess the readiness of the business for FSSC 22000 certification. This checklist covers the other requirements of FSSC 22000 and allows managers to:
- Use the 5 main sections of the checklist to review the other requirements of FSSC 22000.
- Assign tasks to the proper individual/department to work on issues you find while doing the audit.
- Use scoring to determine how close is the business to getting a third-party audit for FSSC 22000 certification.
- iAuditor templates are fully customizable – no programming skills needed – to fit your business needs.
ISO 22000 Audit Checklist
This comprehensive ISO 22000 audit checklist can help assess how aligned is your business with ISO’s standard for food safety management system. This checklist assesses internal and outsourced processes that may affect the end product. Managers can use this form to:
- Look into 5 key sections – management responsibility, realization of safe products, validation, verification, and improving the food safety management system.
- Use this together with FSSC 22000 Audit Checklist – Internal Assessment template to check the readiness of your business for a third-party FSSC 22000 certification.
GMP Food Manufacturing Audit Checklist
Based on 21 CFR Part 110, this GMP food manufacturing audit checklist can help guide operations managers to:
- Check if staff are properly trained to follow sanitary procedures and if equipment, process, & controls follow GMP.
- Take photo evidence and annotate on those photos for emphasis on the issues found.
This HACCP plan template can help managers assess critical control points and the system controls food safety hazards. Use this form as a guide to:
- Identify existing Critical Control Point/s (CCP) and food safety hazards.
- Evaluate steps to be taken for the hazards.
- Record as many hazards found in one report that can be generated on a mobile device.