Importance of Equipment Maintenance
Equipment maintenance involves the continuous process of checking, repairing, and servicing operating equipment to ensure businesses can operate without interruption. These are some of the key benefits of performing regular equipment maintenance inspections:
- Maintain reliability: ensure operating equipment is always available and in good working condition
- Ensure safety: regular checks can avoid unexpected hazards to surrounding people and technicians making repairs
- Improve efficiency: early detection of defects and immediate repair of damages can save both time and money in the long-term
- Good recordkeeping: consistent documentation of repairs and diagnostics can help identify broader trends and support future investigations
Using Maintenance Checklists and Logbooks
Maintenance checklists and logbooks are tools used by technicians to guide and document maintenance inspections. Maintenance checklists typically answer the following questions:
- What is the visual and physical condition of the equipment, machine, or facilities?
- Are there physical defects found?
- What actions are needed to be performed?
- What is the overall maintenance inspection assessment?
- Who performed the inspection?
Using Mobile Applications for your Maintenance Inspections?
Paper-based maintenance checklists and logs can be a hassle to use and maintain for data gathering and record keeping purposes. Producing defect reports can be challenging without the ability to easily include photo evidence. Losing paper documents can create unresolved issues which may not be addressed in a timely manner.
iAuditor, the world’s most powerful inspection app, can replace all of your paper-based maintenance checklists and logs. Completed maintenance reports can be more powerful and detailed with the ability to easily include photos with annotations to pinpoint key findings. Save all data captured using the iAuditor mobile app securely online in the cloud. Conveniently review organized information by logging in to your online dashboard.
We have collected 7 Maintenance Checklist Templates you can browse and download for free. All templates are 100% customizable and can be used for free on the iAuditor mobile app. iAuditor is free to use for small teams with subscription pricing for premium features.