Published 3 May 2022
What is a 737 Checklist?
A 737 checklist is an essential tool used by pilots to ensure standardized flight safety procedures are followed before, during, and after flying the aircraft. It is used to confirm that all processes have been executed to assess for issues and risks. Being unable to perform Boeing 737 checks may lead to aircraft malfunction, disruption, or crash.
This article briefly discusses the following:
- Importance of 737 checklists
- Tips on performing 737 checklist procedures
- Check and understand the manual
- Conducting 737 checks with iAuditor
- Featured Boeing Templates
A B737 checklist is an important tool for aircraft safety. Pilots are trained to use checklists because it’s proven to be more effective than relying on memory. This checklist helps make sure that the Boeing aircraft is safe for takeoff and will remain on air for the entire flight. Missing a certain step can inhibit the aircraft from operating correctly and endanger the life of passengers on board. Arrive safely to your destination by using 737 checklists.
This required task can be daunting for employees which is why airline management should reassure and help their employees conduct checklist procedures correctly and consistently. Here are some tips to ensure aircraft safety and develop an aviation safety culture in the workplace.
To start creating your 737 checklists, check the aircraft’s manual if the manufacturer provided detailed instructions for flying the aircraft. With the aircraft’s manual used as a guide, the required procedures will be highlighted for easier checklist creation. Most checklists are paper-based but there are apps available for convenient inspections as utilized by some airlines worldwide.
Continuous training and wellbeing check-ups
Employees especially the pilots and crew members should be trained for each type of aircraft they will use for flights. Pilots are consistently trained whether it’s by flight simulation or actual airplanes but employers should make sure to check up on their wellbeing as well. Due to the nature of the job, airline employees can’t be too stressed as this can lead to mistakes that can cost people’s lives.
Flight crew members who are motivated are more likely able to conduct error-free checklist procedures.
Assign specific procedures for each crew member
Most of the checklist procedures are done by pilots in the cockpit but crew members can help perform certain procedures. Decide which ones can be assigned to others and what tasks can be added for the 737 aircraft to ensure aviation safety.
Double-check and confirm per procedure in the checklist
Remind employees to be meticulous when performing the 737 checks. Tell them to ask other crew members to confirm if a procedure is correctly reported.
The Boeing 737 series has been around for decades but is constantly innovating. As the leading aircraft of choice for airlines, there is a wide range of 737 checklists available which traditionally uses index cards or paper methods that are prone to damage or getting lost. With iAuditor by SafetyCulture, a digital inspection tool, you can avoid these hassles by performing 737 checks on your mobile device. You can easily assign corrective actions to appropriate staff immediately even in the middle of an inspection. With iAuditor you can take advantage of the following features:
- Smart Checklists – iAuditor also allows you to convert your existing B737 checklist files and upload them on the app, or customize and use our ready-to-use 737 checklists.
- Set scheduled inspections – Get notified on mobile devices and improve user participation.
- Data Sync – all 737 inspections are synced in real-time and stored securely in the cloud. Authorized users within the organization can access it right after the inspection.
- Collaborative action – Bring immediate attention to issues that arise and easily assign them to appropriate personnel in real-time.
- Fast reporting – experience real-time data collection and detailed analytics report. Create action plans for recurring issues as displayed on the failed actions feature.
- Integrations – assimilate your existing software or applications with iAuditor.
This B737 series checklist is used for various flight simulations software such as Microsoft Flight Simulator, from pre-flight to shutdown. The Boeing 737 template is suitable for the software companion, Precision Manuals Development Group (PMDG). PMDG creates highly realistic flight simulations and the details of the aircraft are accurate and up to date.
This is another template made for flight simulations of Boeing 737 series aircraft. The checklist contains procedures and guidelines that are required for flying real B737 aircrafts. This checklist needs to be followed completely and gradually. It is recommended that flight crew members create their own flow for procedures as long as everything is accomplished.