What is a Temperature Log?
A temperature log is used to record the temperature of food, equipment and storage facilities to ensure readings are within their safe range. Temp log documentation helps ensure employees perform their regular checks, reveals areas most at risk and demonstrates that a business is following proper quality control measures.
This article covers the following 1) the consequences of poor temperature monitoring; 2) mobile tool to replace paper temperature logs; and 3) free digital temperature log sheet templates.
Download Top 5 Temperature Log Sheet Templates
Temperature Monitoring By Industry
Industries rely on consistent temperature monitoring to keep the integrity of products and maintain the optimal functionality of equipment. Poor temperature monitoring can lead to the following consequences:
- Food that is not properly stored and prepared at the right temperatures can become a food safety risk.
- Food products that are not within the recommended temperature ranges during food manufacturing or delivery are rejected or recalled which can result to losses and, if compounded with other food safety violations, possible business closure.
- Pharmaceutical products that are not kept within their safe temperature range during shipment can become life threatening and will be recalled.
- Vaccines lose potency if not stored following the manufacturer’s recommended temperature.
Transport and Logistics
- Unsold perishable goods will be disposed if they are not stored with the right storage temperature during transit.
- Food and pharmaceutical industries rely on temperature controlled logistics or cold chain to maintain the integrity of their products.
- Unmaintained room temperature of server rooms can lead to server crash, halting business operations.
Powerful Inspection Tool for Temperature Monitoring
Monitoring and maintaining the ideal temperature is crucial for the operation and success of many industries. iAuditor, the world’s most powerful mobile inspection app, can help inspectors and staff consistently perform temperature monitoring.
• Convenient mobile inspection app
✔ Handy inspection tool available on Android, iPhone, or iPad.
✔ Record or take photos of temperature readings.
✔ Using a Bluetooth-enabled thermometer, you can digitally capture temperature readings.
• Do not miss another routine temperature check
✔ iAuditor’s scheduling feature ensures that employees are reminded when temp checks are due.
✔ Know if scheduled inspections are missed.
• Monitor assigned tasks
✔ Should a freezer breakdown, immediately assign action for repair or maintenance and receive status updates.
• Paperless record-keeping
✔ No more missing paper temperature log sheets that you need to manually re-enter on your computer.
✔ Share iAuditor reports that are automatically organized and saved in the cloud - important for providing proof of record keeping if aiming for any type of certification.
✔ Review collected temperature readings anytime anywhere on your mobile or computer.
Temperature sensors that automatically monitor temperature in real time. Learn more about Temperature Sensors by SafetyCulture here!