What is SQF?
The Safe Quality Food (SQF) Program is a food safety standard that aims to maintain the quality and safety of food products by following a HACCP-based food safety system. Recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), a global organization that sets food safety standards accepted by large institutions in the food industry, passing the SQF audit and getting certified for the SQF standard can help suppliers and other businesses in the food supply chain gain partnership with major institutions in the food industry.
This article briefly discusses (1) the steps in working towards SQF certification; (2) technology to help ensure that the implemented HACCP system complies with SQF requirements; and (3) free SQF audit checklists.
Click here to browse and download the Top 3 Digital SQF Audit Checklists
Technological Solution to the Challenges of SQF Certification
The SQF Practitioner is tasked to ensure that a HACCP-based food safety system is being followed and documented as required by the SQF standard. Maintaining an effective, sustainable, and documented food safety system that aligns with the SQF standard, however, can be challenging for businesses that rely on paper-based documentation. Overcome the challenges with iAuditor, the world’s most powerful auditing app. With the iAuditor mobile app and software, the SQF Practitioner can do the following:
- ✔ Create mobile-ready templates for food safety and quality
- ✔ Empower teams to proactively conduct better monitoring procedures and hazard analysis using a smartphone or tablet
- ✔ Attach photos and annotations within the app
- ✔ Save time by generating comprehensive reports as internal quality officers finish audits.
- ✔ Secure all reports online. Preview a sample web and PDF report.
- ✔ Use for free with small teams. Unlimited reports and storage for premium accounts.