What is SQF?
The Safe Quality Food (SQF) Program is a food safety standard that aims to maintain the quality and safety of food products by following a HACCP-based food safety system. It is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), a global organization that sets food safety standards accepted by large institutions in the food industry.
What is Safe Quality Food Audit?
SQF audit is a systematic assessment of food safety processes for food manufacturing industries. This process helps evaluate if suppliers and other businesses in the food supply chain comply with SQF standards which then aims for SQF certification to gain partnership with major institutions in the food industry.
Seven Steps to Prepare for SQF Certification
- Have a designated SQF Practitioner read and understand the latest SQF Code appropriate to your segment in the food supply chain.
- Register to the SQF database.
- Develop and establish a HACCP-based food safety plan to mitigate food safety and quality hazards.
- Establish food safety monitoring through routine audits and maintain a record of results.
- Define your organization’s competencies and determine training requirements for SQF certification based on the audit results.
- Ensure competency needs are met and that all parties involved are kept in the loop.
- Partner with a third-party auditor for SQF certification.