Published August 17th, 2020
What is a Car Rental Form?
A car rental form is used to document the processes and details of transactions between car rental companies and their clients. It helps assess the liabilities and limitations of the car renter during the period of car rental. A car rental agreement form is used to validate the deal and hold both parties accountable to a number of responsibilities including the terms and conditions of using the rented vehicle.
This article will briefly discuss:
- the importance of car rental form;
- car rental agreement details;
- car rental business checks;
- advantages of using iAuditor in car rental businesses; and
- free download of ready-to-use and customizable car rental forms.
A car rental form is a document that records important information about the car renter. It helps determine the status of the client including personal information and other details. It can also serve as evidence of an agreement between car rental companies and the renter that could help support insurance claims in case of an incident.
A car rental agreement highlights the applicable terms and conditions that have been set by the car rental company. This agreement holds the car renter liable for the vehicle throughout the rental period. Below are some features of a car rental agreement:
Vehicle internal and external condition
A car rental agreement should clearly state the working condition of the vehicle including internal accessories and external scratches or damages if any. This would help identify the pre-existing condition of the vehicle prior to renter pick up and would also prevent liability issues and misunderstanding between parties.
The stipulated mileage limit on the car rental agreement form will help determine the distance that the customer can travel using the rental vehicle. In some cases, extra charges are shouldered by the car renter if they go beyond the agreed mileage.
Fuel policy depends on car rental companies. They offer it depending on the need of the customers. The following are the different fuel policies:
- Free Tank – The car rental company provides fuel for free.
- Full to Full – The fuel tank will be full or part-full when the car renter picks up the vehicle. Car renter needs to replace the used fuel before they drop off the car.
- Pre-purchase – Car renter will pay for the fuel when they pick up the vehicle. Unused fuel can be refundable depending on the agreement of both parties.
A rental agreement should state the duration of the car rental. Car rental services require renters to pick up and return the vehicle at a particular time. Extra charges may apply for late vehicle return.
Terms and Conditions
The car rental agreement form should clearly state the terms and conditions including company policies and general guidelines provided by a supervising body. It serves as a legal confirmation of allowing the car renter to use the vehicle with underlying user rights and responsibilities.
The following car rental business checks are essential to keep the businesses safe, secure, and profitable.
Fleet Management and Maintenance
Vehicle inspection and regular maintenance are vital in car rental businesses. It aims to identify mechanical issues or defects that may cause accidents and operational downtime. Vehicle areas or items including engine, oil, tires, light, and other parts should be checked before and after a car rental. A well maintained commercial fleet can improve business profitability, customer satisfaction, and business referral to other customers.
Car Rental Insurance
A car rental company should check their insurance policies to ensure coverage of insurance claims in the event of unexpected incidents. Car rental businesses can also offer car rental insurance to their customers. Here are some insurance policies:
- Loss damage waiver – this insurance covers crashes, theft, and vandalism.
- Liability insurance – this covers the damages of a car renter to other people including hit injuries.
- Personal accident insurance – this covers the renter and its passengers’ medical bills if they got into an accident.
- Personal effects insurance – this protects an item if stolen inside the rented vehicle including cellphones, computers, cameras, and other gadgets.
Car rental companies should also ensure the work environment is free from health and safety threats. It is vital to protect not just the company assets but the employees as well. A safe and healthy workplace could benefit both the company and the worker as it helps ensure the quality of service, improves employee productivity and efficiency, and protects the company reputation.
The possibility of losing a paper-based car rental form can be burdensome for car rental managers. It can cause delays in car rental transactions and put the business at risk. A digital solution like iAuditor by SafetyCulture can replace paper-based car rental forms with a mobile app and cloud-based solution. With iAuditor, car rental employees can:
- perform paperless vehicle inspections and document car rental agreement using any hand-held device;
- capture photo evidence of the internal and external condition of the vehicle prior to vehicle day out;
- easily amend car rental agreement and specify important notes;
- immediately set up car rental agreement and share to respective personnel including business owners;
- generate comprehensive reports that are securely stored in the cloud; and
- automatically receive reminders on a vehicle maintenance schedule and other tasks assigned.
Featured Car Rental Forms
Car Rental Form
A car rental form is used to record the the details of car rental transaction. It helps save the car renter’s personal information, car insurance, vehicle rental rate, fuel policy, mileage, and payment. It is used to specify car renter liabilities.
Car Rental Agreement Form
A car rental agreement form is used to document the agreed terms and conditions of the car renter and the car rental company. It records the general information of the car renter, date of return of the rented vehicle, and the internal and external condition of the vehicle. It should be signed by both parties to validate the transaction.
Truck and Car Rental Inspection Form
This truck and car rental inspection form has been converted by Budget Rent a Car System, Inc. using iAuditor. This template guides the vehicle rental manager in conducting fleet audits to ensure safe vehicle operations.