Best Digital Bakery Inspection Checklists
Proactively catch issues of OSHA non-compliance using mobile devices
Help ensure the safety of bakeries for all employees
What is a Bakery Inspection Checklist?
A bakery inspection checklist is a tool used by safety officers and bakery managers to check if machines, equipment, and ovens are used and maintained according to OSHA’s standard 29 CFR 1910.263. This OSHA standard seeks to ensure that safety measures are in place to proactively promote the safety of bakery employees. Non-compliance with OSHA’s standard can result in incidents, penalties, damage to business reputation, and disruption to the legal operation of a business.
This article discusses the (1) focus of a bakery inspection checklist; (2) a digital tool that can help bakery owners and managers ensure the safety of employees; and (3) free digital checklists you can browse and download to promote the safety of bakery employees.
Focus of a Bakery Inspection Checklist
OSHA sets the guidelines to help business owners proactively set safety measures to keep the bakery’s day-to-day operations safe for employees. Here are some key points of a bakery inspection checklists:
Machines are required to have appropriate machine guarding to prevent accidents while in operation. Mixers should have manual switches to avoid accidentally turning it on during cleaning and maintenance.
The positioning of equipment should be ergonomic and ideal for the operation of employees. Cutting equipment should have covers and other safety measures to avoid unintended slicing.
Ovens should have buttons, switches, and circuit breakers that are easily accessible to operators in cases of emergency. Safety devices of ovens should be inspected at least twice a month by an expert and at least once a year by the oven manufacturer’s quality representative.
Digital Tool to Promote Safety in Bakeries
Bakery managers and safety officers must help promote safety in the workplace to prevent incidents and stay compliant with industry regulations. Conducting regular checks to proactively catch safety issues can help lower the risk of work-related incidents. iAuditor, the world’s most powerful mobile inspection app, can assist managers in instantly documenting safety issues and assigning corrective actions to help prevent workplace accidents. With iAuditor on mobile devices, you are empowered to:
- Schedule regular inspections to reinforce safety practices proactively discover issues.
- Take photos provide annotations to better explain the safety issues.
- Immediately assign corrective actions for non-compliance.
- Save time and reduce costs by automatically generating paperless reports using the mobile app. Preview a sample web and PDF report.
- Analyze internal audit results and observe safety trends.
- Use for free with small teams. Unlimited reports and storage for premium accounts
Featured Digital Bakery Inspection Checklists
Bakery Inspection Checklist
A bakery inspection checklist helps safety officers and bakery managers inspect machines, equipment, and ovens to ensure that they are being operated and maintained according to OSHA’s standard. Use this bakery inspection checklist (converted from the CDC’s two checklists derived from OSHA’s 29 CFR 1910.263) to proactively check for non-compliance and help keep the facility safe for employees. With the iAuditor mobile app, you can:
- Take photos of safety issues and immediately assign corrective actions.
- Schedule inspections to help safety officers not miss another internal check.
- Send and receive paperless reports and analyze the results from anywhere.
- Use the collected information to better protect employees, conduct effective safety training, and help reduce the risk incidents in bakeries.
Bonus! Bakery HACCP Corrective Action Template
Use this checklist in your bakery to record every instance of deviation from established critical limits based on your organization’s HACCP plan. Take photos of the issue/product, describe the deviation and corrective action taken, and confirm if the product is condemned. Visit this link for more information on HACCP.