Digital ISO 17025 Checklists
Ensure efficient and regular monitoring of laboratory competencies. Powerful digital tool to help meet ISO 17025:2017 requirementsJump to featured templates
Published March 26th, 2020
What is ISO 17025?
ISO/IEC 17025:2017 is the international standard that sets the requirements for the competency of laboratories in testing and calibration. Getting certified for the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard means that a laboratory is recognized to be technically proficient in testing and calibration and is performing at par with other internationally accredited peers in the industry. This certification also helps facilitate easier acceptance of test results and minimizes or eliminates the need for retesting.
What is an ISO 17025 Checklist?
An ISO 17025:2017 checklist is a tool used by laboratory managers or metrologists to determine if a laboratory meets the required competencies for testing and calibration set by the ISO 17025:2017 standard. It contains the 5 main sections of the standard’s requirements: general, structural, resource, process, and management system requirements.
This article will briefly discuss: (1) 5 steps to follow in preparation for ISO 17025:2017 certification; (2) technology that can be used by laboratory managers to obtain certification; and (3) free ISO 17025 checklists you can browse and download for free.
5 Practical Steps to Prepare for ISO 17025 Certification
To ensure that a laboratory is prepared for ISO 17025:2017 certification, a coordinated effort within the organization is required. Here are 5 steps to follow in preparation for third-party certification:
- Be familiar with the ISO 17025:2017 standard; if the organization chooses option B for the standard’s management system requirement, be sure to review the ISO 9001 standard as well.
- Conduct internal audits to determine gaps and discover areas for improvement.
- Analyze the audit results and use the information collected to train employees and align processes with the standard.
- Ensure that the audit results, changes in the processes, and laboratory and employee competencies are well documented.
- Contact a recognized third party auditor and apply for ISO 17025 certification.
Technology to Help Prepare for ISO 17025 Certification
Implementing processes that are aligned with the ISO 17025:2017 standard and providing documentation that the standard requires can be costly and time consuming. iAuditor, the world’s most powerful auditing app, can help laboratory managers and metrologists save time and costs through efficient and mobile monitoring of laboratory competencies. With the iAuditor mobile app and software, you can:
- Create mobile-ready ISO 17025:2017 checklists to be used for internal audits.
- Schedule regular audits to ensure continuous monitoring of compliance.
- Immediately assign corrective actions even during audits.
- Save hours in report generation using the mobile app that creates comprehensive reports as you finish an audit. Preview a sample web and PDF report.
- Analyze internal audit results to determine readiness for third-party certification and use the collected information to further improve competency.
- Use for free with small teams. Unlimited reports and storage for premium accounts.
Digital ISO 17025 Checklists
ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Checklist (Internal Audit)
An ISO 17025:2017 checklist is a tool used to determine a laboratory’s competency in testing and calibration according to the requirements set by the ISO 17025:2017 standard. This digital checklist contains 5 main sections according to the standard’s requirements: general, structural, resource, process, and management system requirements. With the iAuditor app and software, laboratory managers, chemists, and metrologists are empowered to:
- Make relevant notes corresponding to non-compliant items.
- Assign corrective actions to immediately address opportunities for improvement.
- Automatically generate and submit reports using mobile devices.
- Analyze audit results and watch out for trends to proactively improve processes.
- Use the collected information to further improve laboratory competency.
Bonus! ISO 9001 Checklist
Use this digital ISO 9001:2015 checklist to help meet the management system requirement of ISO 17025:2017 (option B) and determine gaps in implementing the ISO 9001:2015 standard. iAuditor checklists can be edited according to your needs and shared among teams.