What is a Field Service Report?
A field service report is used by field staff to document the services performed during customer visits, including repair, maintenance, and installation work. It is used to monitor the work progress and performance of technicians or service practitioners assigned to do the tasks. In addition, they are used to capture and report data on how physical resources, such as vehicles and equipment, are managed and maintained.
Download this collection of the best digital field service report templates your field-staff can use conveniently on their mobile device.
Using Field Service Reports for your FSM System
Field service reporting is an essential element of a company’s broader Field Service Management (FSM) System . FSM is used to manage the efficiency and safety of a company’s workers and equipment used while serving customers in the field. Field service reports are commonly used in telecommunications, HVAC, engineering, property maintenance, and healthcare.
Here are 5 key advantages of field service reporting and implementing an FSM System:
- Enhances efficiency - analyze customer demands and track the status of jobs in the field to ensure that clients receive assistance in a timely manner.
- Boosts productivity - check worker logs and monitor performance and competency of service professionals to minimize operational downtime.
- Increases profitability - having more efficient and productive technicians can lead to more clients trusting the service. Addressing issues immediately can help reduce costs of future repairs.
- Stores data and ensures compliance - maintain audit records and documentation for regulatory compliance. Save all work orders, timesheets, service policies, invoices, and other significant business data.
- Fosters teamwork - share reports across the organization and identify areas for improvement; use data to help develop action plans through collaboration.
iAuditor as your Field Service Reporting Tool
A field service reporting tool should be easy to use for field staff and provide real-time visibility for operations teams. A mobile field service report app like iAuditor is an ideal replacement for paper and excel-based field service reports because it can easily integrate into your FSM System:
- Field staff benefits: Conduct paperless reporting using mobile field service reports on iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Save time generating and completing reports, take unlimited photos and capture electronic client signatures. All reports are automatically saved online.
- Operations team benefits: Real-time visibility of reports being completed. Track all worker and equipment activity via an online dashboard. iAuditor also allows you to create your own field service report templates.
To save you time, we have created 3 mobile field service report templates you can download for free and customize according to your business needs.