What is a Field Service Report?
A field service report is used by field-staff to document the services performed during customer visits such as repair, maintenance and installation work. It is used to monitor the work progress and performance of technicians or service practitioners assigned to do the tasks. In addition, they are used to capture and report on how physical resources such as vehicle and equipment is being managed and maintained.
Download this collection of the best digital field service report templates your field-staff can use immediately on their mobile device using iAuditor.
Using Field Service Reports for your FSM System
Field service reporting is an essential element of a company’s broader Field Service Management(FSM) System . An FSM is used to manage the efficiency and safety of a company’s workers and equipment while servicing customers out in the field. Field service reports are commonly used across industries including telecommunications, HVAC, engineering, property maintenance and healthcare.
Here are 5 key advantages of field service reporting and implementing an FSM System:
- Enhance efficiency - analyze customer demands and track the status of job or work in the field to ensure that clients receive assistance in a timely manner.
- Boost productivity - check worker logs and monitor performance and competency of service professionals. Minimize operational downtime.
- Increase profitability - having more efficient and productive technicians can lead to more clients trusting the service. Actioning issues immediately can help reduce cost for future repairs.
- Keep all data and stay compliant - maintain audit trail records and documentation for regulatory compliance. Save all work orders, timesheets, service policies, invoicing and other significant business data.
- Establish teamwork - share reports across the organization and identify areas for improvement and develop action plans through collaboration.
iAuditor as your Field Service Reporting Tool
A field service reporting tool should be easy to use for field staff and provide real-time visibility for operations teams. A mobile app solution like iAuditor is an ideal replacement for paper and excel-based field service reports and can integrate into your FSM System:
- Field-staff benefits: Paperless reporting with mobile field service reports on iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Save time completing reports, take unlimited photos and capture electronic client signatures. All reports automatically saved online.
Operations team benefits: Real-time visibility of reports being completed. Track all worker and equipment activity via an online dashboard. Create your own field service reports.
To save you time, we have created 3 mobile field service report templates you can download for free and fully customize.