Published 16 Aug 2021
What is a Field Service Report?
A field service report is used by field staff to document the services performed during customer visits, including repair, maintenance, and installation work. It is used to monitor the work progress and performance of technicians or service practitioners assigned to do the tasks. In addition, they are used to capture and report data on how physical resources, such as vehicles and equipment, are managed and maintained.
This field service report template is used to record all services performed by technicians during customer visits. This template can be used by field staff to report any equipment defects, actions required, and expenses involved. This template was converted using iAuditor and can serve as a guide for inspectors to perform the following:
- Determine the kind of service to be performed: repair, maintenance, installation, or other work.
- Describe the problem and take photo evidence of defects or damages.
- Document actions taken and confirm if work was completed. If not, put follow-up action items.
- Create a summary of the damaged or defective devices.
- Participants, which are the client, technician, and field service engineer, should provide digital signatures to validate the report.
The completed sample report provides an example of the type of field service report that can be generated and shared electronically using the iAuditor mobile app.
Download this collection of the best digital field service report templates your field-staff can use conveniently on their mobile device.
Using Field Service Reports for your FSM System
Field service reporting is an essential element of a company’s broader Field Service Management (FSM) System. FSM is used to manage the efficiency and safety of a company’s workers and equipment used while serving customers in the field. Field service reports are commonly used in telecommunications, HVAC, engineering, property maintenance, and healthcare.
Here are 5 key advantages of field service reporting and implementing an FSM System:
- Enhances efficiency – analyze customer demands and track the status of jobs in the field to ensure that clients receive assistance in a timely manner.
- Boosts productivity – check worker logs and monitor performance and competency of service professionals to minimize operational downtime.
- Increases profitability – having more efficient and productive technicians can lead to more clients trusting the service. Addressing issues immediately can help reduce costs of future repairs.
- Stores data and ensures compliance – maintain audit records and documentation for regulatory compliance. Save all work orders, timesheets, service policies, invoices, and other significant business data.
- Fosters teamwork – share reports across the organization and identify areas for improvement; use data to help develop action plans through collaboration.
iAuditor as your Field Service Reporting Tool
A field service reporting tool should be easy to use for field staff and provide real-time visibility for operations teams. A mobile field service report app like iAuditor is an ideal replacement for paper and excel-based field service reports because it can easily integrate into your FSM System:
- Field staff benefits: Conduct paperless reporting using mobile field service reports on iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Save time generating and completing reports, take unlimited photos and capture electronic client signatures. All reports are automatically saved online.
- Operations team benefits: Real-time visibility of reports being completed. Track all worker and equipment activity via an online dashboard. iAuditor also allows you to create your own field service report templates.
To save you time, we have created 3 mobile field service report templates you can download for free and customize according to your business needs.
Digital Field Service Checklists
Using job sheets are vital to document key tasks assigned and performed by service practitioners during field visits and dispatches. Document fault and works carried out and record additional works needed and costing of materials used. Validate the works performed by the employee by providing a digital signature.
Browse this collection of digital maintenance checklists to evaluate the condition of facilities, equipment, vehicle, etc. These maintenance templates has been built to help inspectors to continuously check, assess, and service operating equipment to ensure uninterrupted business operation. Featured are the following free templates you can download and customize: