Assign real-time dispatch support and send dispatch log reports immediately
What is a Dispatch Log?
A dispatch log is a recorded document of personnel that has been sent off by the organization to deal with tasks, services, or incidents. It is used to track daily dispatch activities within the organization to ensure the timeliness of deliveries and services. It also helps dispatchers to organize personnel’s assignments and schedule.
Importance of Dispatch Logs
A dispatch log is necessary for different services including logistics, transportation, services, and security. It helps track the availability of the unit or personnel to do a specific task. It also guides the dispatcher in organizing tasks and assignments to avoid duplicative work, avoiding overlooked crucial requests, and tracking evidence of dispatch in case of a failed transaction.
This article features:
- key elements of dispatch calls;
- a mobile app to streamline dispatch processes; and
- free downloadable and ready to use dispatch log templates.
Dispatchers should be able to categorize call requests to ensure packages or services are delivered to their appointed time and destinations. Here are the key elements of a dispatch call:
Setting the timeline can help establish the priority level of services or deliveries. It would help determine if the set date and time would fit on the manpower and schedule of the staff. Also, It would help dispatchers to ensure deliveries would be available to meet customer expectations.
It is important to triage the priority level of a call request. Triaging would help dispatchers to decide which services are needed to attend immediately and which ones can wait. Below are the different priority levels:
- High-level priority – This request is needed to attend immediately at any cost. For example in security services or emergency response dispatch, the following criteria are considered high-level:
- accident requiring immediate medical attention;
- crimes in progress (excluding crimes that are referred to as self-reporting);
- incidents involving physical danger or risk to the public including the use of dangerous weapons; and
- death investigation.
- Mid-level priority – This request does not typically require an immediate response. Coordinated response time can be managed at any time of the day.
- Low-level priority – The timeliness of response is not an issue. There is a given timeline within a week or more to deliver the service.
It is vital to check the location or destination of the service request to ensure it is within the range of business. It would help dispatchers to allocate staff that is nearby the locations and can be a basis to set the expectations of the customers when to receive deliveries or services.
Dispatch logs are traditionally completed through a card method which is inconvenient when reports are needed immediately. It is prone to human errors due to misinterpretation of illegible handwriting. iAuditor by SafetyCulture, provides the convenience of mobile data entry across devices and the versatility of allowing data transfer between platforms to meet the needs of the business. With iAuditor, dispatchers can:
- Record dispatch data using a handheld device
The convenience of using a handheld device when logging dispatch makes it easier to gather information.
- Easily generate dispatch reports
Dispatch logs are automatically saved in the cloud. It can be accessed and shared easily with a simple tap of a finger.
- Assign actions on the go
Inform responsible personnel about the issues and set the priority level for a swift resolution.
- Notify personnel about the scheduled dispatch
Manage and set the schedule of different personnel according to their assignments.
- Capture digital signatures
Validate dispatch log reports with a digital signature. These include time and date stamps to improve accountability and confirm data validity.
Featured Dispatch Log Templates
Patrol Dispatch Log
This patrol dispatch log is used to record the patrol dispatch activity within the organization. It is used to record the dispatch time, address of the destination, type of call, and description of the incident.
Daily Dispatch Log
This daily dispatch log is used by service providers to ensure the timeliness of deliveries or services. It helps dispatchers to assign schedules and document the assistance performed during customer visits, including repair, maintenance, installation work, or other services.
Call Dispatch Log
This call dispatch log is used in the healthcare industry to record the details of the incident and the turnaround response time of the dispatched personnel. It is used to record accurate information on the personnel on-duty status and their location.