General Welding Safety Tips
Avoid hazards when performing welding, cutting or brazing activities by following these basic safety measures:
- Wear appropriate PPE.
- Keep a suitable Class ABC fire extinguisher nearby while welding.
- Keep the work area clean and free of flammables and obstructions.
- Do not touch the metal parts of the electrode holder with skin or wet clothing.
- Keep dry insulation between ground and welding operators work.
- Inspect equipment before proceeding to work.
- Welding areas require adequate ventilation.
- Locate the nearest fire alarm and exit.
- Report incidents and near misses to your supervisor.
- Clean all equipment and store properly after use.