SafeSheds - The Shearing Shed Safety Program
Making the wool harvesting workplace safer for all
The shearing industry is one of the most physically demanding occupations, and as an industry, wool producers and wool harvesters need to do as much as is possible to reduce the risk of injuries and accidents occurring in shearing sheds as well as provide the best working conditions possible.
Not only will workplaces be safer, this will go a long way to increasing industry workforce entry, retention and career longevity, it will also improve industry productivity and profitability.
Australian Wool Innovation (AWI) and WA Shearing Industry Association (WASIA) have developed a new program to do just this, to improve safety in shearing sheds. Safe Sheds, The Shearing Shed Safety Program is a new best practice guide and assessment resource which has been developed with input from right across the industry.
Industry has also partnered with SafetyCulture to provide all the shed safety checklists and best practice guidelines in SafetyCulture (iAuditor), for free. Thanks to WASIA, AWI and SafetyCulture, you can assess your current shearing shed working conditions, environment and equipment; and mitigate the risk of accidents and injury.
Make your life easier and safer with SafetyCulture (formerly iAuditor)
High risk industries such as mining and construction are using SafetyCulture (iAuditor) to reduce the risks on sites and improve their processes and performance. Already used by many in the agriculture sector, there are now shearing shed specific safety checklists and best practice information available using this digital checklist app. Here are some examples of checklists that wool producers and the shearing industry can use to make your workplace safer for all:
- Full Assessment of the workplace – 5 modules across the shed structure, machinery & equipment, amenities & facilities, work practices & general working conditions
- Pre shearing checklist
- Induction checklist
- Post shearing checklist
- Mental health and wellbeing assessment – Black Dog Institute
Deploying SafetyCulture (iAuditor) across your business will:
- Ensure you comply with mandatory government regulations imposed for agricultural businesses and contractors
- Keep your business COVID-safe. As the regulations change, SafetyCulture and WASIA will continue to keep templates in-line with current guidance to ensure you remain operational.
- Enable you to discover other checklists to optimise your day-to-day operations.
Getting started is free and easy:
- Complete the form on this page, you will instantly be setup with a SafetyCulture account, pre-populated with the SafeSheds checklists.
- You and up to 9 other colleagues can conduct inspections on mobile/tablet by using the SafetyCulture (iAuditor) app, or on desktop at safetyculture.com.
- SafeSheds sponsored onboarding, including live webinars.
- Unlimited, free access to support 24/5.
For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.