At SafetyCulture, we build awesome software products that help our customers to create safer workplaces. Our main product (iAuditor) is the market leading safety check app in the world, with over 1 million inspections performed every month and more than 50,000 Daily Active Users. This means we have some incredible scalability challenges to solve, and our product offering is constantly growing and evolving.
We are still calling ourselves a start-up, despite our Hyper-growth over the last few years. Join us, and can make a huge impact from day one, and contribute to our already staggering growth metrics.
The business has now raised over AU$98 million and is valued at more than $440 million. In the last year, we have doubled our team and we hope to repeat that growth in the coming months, to bring our current 240-person team to the level. We're a Global company with 5 offices across Australia, Europe, the US, and (most recently) Asia and customers in 140 countries across the globe.
More about this role;
We are growing our team of cross-functional designers and are seeking a Lead Product Designer to join us and help design the future of our products.
- You will lead and grow a team of designers that are each responsible for specific features within our products. This role combines people leadership with hands-on design.
- As a manager, you are responsible for putting your team members on the path of growth and overall success. You will guide the team in ensuring deadlines are met while keeping a high-quality bar.
- You should have strong visual and interaction designs skills, along with the ability to help shape product vision, and strategy.
- As a contributing team member, you will own at least one feature area within your theme (through collaborating with product management, engineering, user research, and marketing) from defining the vision and strategy all the way to the fit and finish of delivery.
More about you;
- You should have 6+ years design experience (experience crafting mobile apps is a plus) and proven experience in a Design Leadership role on a Saas or product team.
- Expertise in design strategy, user-centred experience design, prototyping and UX research. Expertise in using the standard tools of the design trade, e.g. Sketch, Zeplin, Photoshop, Illustrator. Coding skills and/or Motion skills are also a bonus.
- You are can own a holistic vision for a set of features and can clearly identify and scope the problem at hand. You should be comfortable testing hypotheses and shepherd your ideas through multiple iterations of validation and development.
- You care about people! You've navigated the complexities of software development organizations, and can facilitate discussions to challenge assumptions, give critical feedback, and drive consensus.
- You speak the language of users and can define their journey through a system from start to finish. You should also trust your instincts and are able to build a strong point of view, and can clearly articulate the rationale behind it.
Perks & Benefits of Safety Culture;
- Market Leading Base Salary + Superannuation + Excellent Equity Grants
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company, and join us on an incredible journey.
- We’re operating at a scale few other companies are, and you’ll be doing challenging work that impacts millions.
- Free breakfast, lunch, snacks and treats served in our office - plus we have a fully stocked bar!
- Learning is a key priority for us, and we will support your personal and professional development.
- Flexible working - No suits, no set hours. As long as you give your best, we don’t care where it is or what you’re wearing.
- Bring your pet to work - Pets make better workplaces, so bring them in. Jack, Jordy, Miles, Maverick and Benji are regulars in our offices around the world.
SafetyCulture is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.