This article will briefly discuss:
- reopening trends amongst sports industry;
- how to get safely back to business with iAuditor, and
- free downloadable, customizable, and ready to use sports field and center reopening checklists.
Reopening Trends Amongst Sports Industry
The decision to reopen sports fields and centers depends on the modifying restrictions or policies released by the government. It was made through the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC), and the Medical/ Safety Advisory Committee. Sports field and center reopening plan should focus on health and safety precautionary measures and the application of risk management processes to ensure business’ readiness to accept patrons, athletes, and employees. The following trends are helpful when planning to reopen fields and sports centers:
Increase in Media Consumption
As one of the precautionary measures against the COVID-19 virus, there are organizations that are considering long-term changes and are planning to move large-scale events to media broadcasts without live audiences. This would minimize the interaction of people in crowded areas and at the same time fans can still experience live games, without having to be physically present.
Intensified Cleaning and Disinfection
CDC recommends businesses to intensify their cleaning and disinfection processes to help reduce the risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus. There are EPA-approved disinfectants including ready-to-use sprays, concentrates, and wipes that will help disinfect and effectively sanitize their facilities. Also, proper usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) should be implemented to avoid any HAZMAT incidents.
Business Precautionary Plan
Adapting to the “new normal” is one way to embrace the global effect of the coronavirus pandemic. It is paramount for businesses to protect and ensure the safety of customers and their employees. The following is advised to be part of the business precautionary measures:
- A workplace coordinator should be assigned to be responsible for any COVID-19 related issues.
- Establish an emergency communication plan to easily contact the authorized persons in case of an emergency.
- Coordinate business precautionary plans to all employees.
- Do not allow sick employees to report at work. Medical clearance must be presented when an employee returns to work.
- Identify essential employees and implement the rotation of shifts to minimize the contact.
- Employees must wear a face mask for their protection.
- A temperature check should be implemented prior to entering the sports fields or centers.
- Cap the number of athletes, coaches, and spectators to limit the crowd.
- Mark the bleachers and practice maintaining the social distance of approximately 6 feet or 2 meters.
- Signages of the implemented change should be clear and unobstructed to avoid customer confusion.
- Promote healthy hygiene practices including frequent hand washing and proper cough and sneezing etiquette.
Get Safely Back to Business with iAuditor
To ensure the safety of the general public, the sports industry has established standards that adhere to precautionary measures as they return to operation and reopen their businesses. With iAuditor by SafetyCulture, sports fields and centers can streamline their inspections with a user-friendly app that can be used on the web and mobile.
To get you started we have collected sports field and center reopening checklists designed to help businesses to embrace the “new normal” despite the COVID-19 pandemic threat.
Disclaimer: Please note that this screening checklist is a hypothetical example and provides basic information only. It is not intended to take the place of medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You should also seek your own professional advice to determine if the use of such a checklist is permissible in your workplace or jurisdiction.
Featured Sports Field and Center Reopening Checklists
Sports Field and Center COVID-19 Preparedness Plan Checklist
This sports field and center COVID-19 preparedness plan checklist is used by coordinators to help the organization in developing, maintaining, and acting upon strategies to protect the health and safety of employees in the midst of COVID-19 pandemic. This has been built with the guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Sports Center Cleaning Audit Checklist
This sports center cleaning audit checklist was converted by Mount Sports Centre using iAuditor by SafetyCulture. It is used to maintain and ensure the cleanliness and sanitation of the facility.
Sports Field Inspection Checklist
A sports field inspection checklist is used to assess the readiness of the field prior to a scheduled game. It guides inspectors in checking the condition of the surface, grass cover, shock absorbency, and grip to ensure the safety of the players.