Get Safely Back to Business
Business Reopening Checklists
Reopening Guidance for Businesses in the USA
While the COVID-19 pandemic is ongoing, all businesses that intend to resume normal operations across the US need to make sure that they have taken all the necessary steps to promote the safety of employees, customers, and other stakeholders from the threat of the coronavirus.
To help you get safely back to business, we have compiled useful guidance specific to the US and actionable easy-to-use checklists organized by industries. The current situation we are all facing is complex and making use of the tools currently available can help you get back to work safely and efficiently.
Please note that these checklists, while created with the latest best practices in mind, provide basic information only and are not intended to take the place of medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You should also seek your own professional advice to determine if the use of such checklists are permissible in your workplace or jurisdiction.
Guidance & Checklist Templates
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) both provide guidance for organizations that are operating or will resume operations during the pandemic.
These recommendations may be updated by the CDC and OSHA as situations around the COVID-19 pandemic develop.
Helpful checklists for re-opening.
- Workplace Reopening Strategies and Return to Work Policies for US Employers
- General Guidelines to Protect Employees & Customers
- Guidelines for Reopening of Businesses Checklist
- Protocols for Business Supplemental Checklist
- COVID 19 Employer Compliance Checklist
- COVID 19 Employee Screening Questionnaire Checklist
- COVID 19 Jobsite Visitor Questionnaire Checklist
- Minimum Standard Health Protocols – Checklist for All Employers (Texas)
- Minimum Standard Health Protocols – Checklist for All Individuals (Texas)
- Minimum Standard Health Protocols – Attestation for Counties with Five or Fewer Laboratory-confirmed Cases Checklist (Texas)
For guidance on reopening and operating in retail during the COVID-19 pandemic, please read the advice of the CDC. Key variables to consider when determining safety in retail are close contact between employees and customers as well as exposure to frequently touched surfaces.
Here is a collection of checklists to help maintain safety in retail during the COVID-19 pandemic.
There is guidance from the CDC and OSHA that supplement existing guidelines for manufacturing workers and employers in order to keep manufacturing facilities safe and mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Manufacturing companies need to implement controls that consider the proximity of workers with each other while in the facility and, for facilities that have not been in operation for a while, there is also a need to check for other risks such as Legionella.
To help manufacturing businesses get back into safe operations, we have collected the following free checklists you can review, download, and edit as you see fit.
For the hospitality industry, the CDC has provided recommendations for cleaning and disinfection of facilities that house people overnight. The nature of the hospitality industry involves close contact between staff and customers so it is crucial to consider other precautions provided by the CDC such as how to protect yourself and others before reopening and during operations.
To maintain high safety and quality standards, use the following checklists and customize them according to your business needs.
The CDC has released guidance intended for workers in the construction industry to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 on the job site.
To help construction workers perform their jobs safely and protect them from the threat of COVID-19, we have digitized the following checklists that you can review and download for free.
- COVID-19 Guidance for the Construction Workforce Checklist
- COVID 19 Construction Workforce Checklist
- COVID-19 Checklist for Employers and Employees
- COVID-19 Prevention and Work Practice Controls Checklist
- COVID-19 Checklist for Real Estate and Construction Projects
- COVID-19 Checklist for Transportation Construction Employers and Employees
Art and Entertainment
Due to the nature of the industry and how COVID-19 spreads, many in the entertainment industry were negatively impacted by the pandemic. The CDC has released a tool to help employers determine how to best proceed with reopening and how to protect vulnerable employees during operations.
To help businesses in fields of art and entertainment navigate the complexities of operating while in a pandemic, we have collected these checklists that business owners can download and edit to fit the specific needs of their operation.