As the state moves forward to Phase Two of the White House reopening plan, more businesses are allowed to operate and reopen while continuing mitigation measures such as wearing face masks when in public and keeping the social distance of at least 6 feet apart to other people. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) set forth this guideline to help prevent further spread of the COVID-19 as more people will be interacting with each other.
Louisiana Business Reopening Phase Two Guidelines
Louisiana has effectively ramped up testing and contact tracing to help identify problem areas and contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Moving from Phase One, establishments including restaurants, churches, salons, gyms, museums, casinos, and playgrounds are allowed to expand their services to 50% of the full capacity of the premises. Other businesses such as tattoo parlors, spas, swimming pools, and bowling alleys are allowed to reopen for the first time.
Shifting to Phase Two doesn’t guarantee that the ongoing risks of the COVID-19 virus have materially changed. However, if the COVID-19 cases spike up during the phase, the administration will have to modify the restriction orders. Louisiana-based businesses are therefore advised to continuously implement the following precautionary measures to minimize the risk of exposure to coronavirus.
- Adhere to applicable guidance from the State Fire Marshal and the Louisiana Department of Health with regards to sanitization and disinfection of the workplace.
- All businesses and organizations shall require the wearing of face mask or face covering if any of their employees are having interaction or contact with the public.
- Maintain a distance of six feet apart from one another to promote social distancing.
- Exercise frequent hand washing and sanitation at as much as possible.
- Waiting areas, lobbies, or other areas where members of the public may congregate (except for bathrooms) shall be closed.
- Customers are required to make reservations for recreational activities.
- Food establishments including restaurants, cafes, coffee shops, and bars have to close their buffet services or other common food stations.
- For casinos, racetracks, and video poker establishments should have an approved reopening plan from the Louisiana Gaming Control Board prior to reopening. This includes the use of physical barriers.
In an effort to make it easier for Louisianian employers to get safely back to business and continue safe operations. iAuditor by SafetyCulture, a mobile-ready safety checklist and inspection app can help perform compliance checks effectively. To get you started we have compiled Louisiana reopening checklist templates that are based on the Louisiana Department of Health guidance that you can download and use for free.
Disclaimer: Please note that these checklists are hypothetical examples and provide basic information only. They are not intended to take the place of medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You should also seek professional advice to determine if the use of such checklists are permissible in your workplace or jurisdiction.
Featured Louisiana Reopening Checklists
Louisiana Reopening Plan
This Louisiana reopening plan template can be used by Louisiana-based entities to ensure COVID-19 preventive measures will be implemented in their workplaces. It can help business owners to plan and comply with government guidelines for a safe operation amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. This is based on the Louisiana Department of Health guidance and converted to a digital checklist using iAuditor.
Louisiana Reopening Checklist for Daycare and Early Learning Center
This Louisiana reopening checklist was specifically created to guide daycare and early learning centers to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This would help ensure compliance with government mandates prior to reopening the business. This daycare reopening checklist is based on the Louisiana Department of Health guidance and was converted using iAuditor by SafetyCulture.
Louisiana Reopening Checklist for Restaurant Employees
This Louisiana reopening checklist for restaurant employees would help restaurant business owners to protect their employees upon reopening their service to the public. It would help ensure a healthy environment for all workers and customers. This reopening checklist is based on the Louisiana Department of Health guidance and was converted using iAuditor by SafetyCulture.